Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron SZ 38 question
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:47 pm    Post subject: Tamron SZ 38 question Reply with quote

Hi Everyone
I have just joined the forum and have a question about the Tamron 38-100 f3.5 zoom. My copy has some fungus on the front element and I would like to know how to get in and clear it up.
I have been able to remove the three small screws around the circumference of the body of the lens near the front of the body. I hoped that this would enable me to unscrew or release the lens. This was not the case. Has anyone worked on this lens or can give me any advice on how to proceed.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not familiar with this lens, but I would check to see if there is a slotted retainer ring around the circumference of the front element. If there is, you'll need a lens spanner to remove this ring. Then you'll probably be able to remove the front element and maybe even the entire front group.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately there is no retaining ring visible. The front element does seem to be threaded into a ring that sits behind the filter thread. Perhaps it can be removed by unscrewing with the appropriate tools?