Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron SP 90mm f/2.5 55BB + Extension tube Macro 1:1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Tamron SP 90mm f/2.5 55BB + Extension tube Macro 1:1 Reply with quote

Today I got my second copy from this famous lens Hardest part coming I have to sell one of them.I hate really to sell any lens I am a hamster Smile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in this situation sometimes too. What I do is to think at what I use. If it's a lens that I really use, that I would be "lost" without, then I keep the second copy. It makes sense. These are lenses that are not made anymore. It's not like the new model "x" by Canon or Nikon. So for instance, the Sonnar 180mm is a lens that I love and I will always use, it makes sense to have a second copy, these lenses are famous for being mechanically crap so they can break anytime.
A different thing is if you have a lens that maybe you like aesthetically, or maybe because it's old and historically important, but you don't really use it, in this case I sell. For instance I had two Fleks 2.4/35, but I was not really using them, because I prefer the Distagon. So I kept one for collection and sold the other one without regret.
While for instance take the Jupiter-37s, one of them is ALWAYS in my bag, why should I sell them? To earn maybe 20 Euros? It makes no sense. Someday I will use them all. Maybe one day I lose one, maybe one day another one falls on the ground and breaks. They are so cheap it makes no sense to sell them for 20 Euros.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio,
If you ever feel the need to sell one of your J37As for 20 Euro (yeah I
don't have the Euro symbol either) just let me know! Laughing Laughing

Bill

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

katastrofo wrote:
I don't have the Euro symbol either

Hi Bill. this might not work in the far north of Alabama, but it does here. With your left hand, hold down the Alt key to the left of the space bar and while holding it down type 0128 with your right hand in the number panel on the right of the keyboard. Then let go of the Alt key. Hopefully it should produce the Euro sign: €

Peter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hummm, let me try this.
€150. Ha! It works! Thanks, Peter! Smile
Have to remember that one.

Bill

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Sample shoots Reply with quote

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow this lens seems to have a great bokeh !

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very useful lens for portrait and general purpose lens too , sharp even at wide open with beautiful creamy bokeh.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I see here, I like it very much, because it blurs the defocused image, it does not make it double

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made some non macro shoots for you

As a portrait lens..