Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron SP 70-210 f/3.5 19AH
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Tamron SP 70-210 f/3.5 19AH Reply with quote

Our forum member TamronSP says: In my opinion, and for several reasons, this is the best 70-210 zoom lens ever designed and manufactured.

Source:Adaptall-2.com

Click here to see samples

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Tamron SP 70-210 f/3.5 19AH Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Our forum member TamronSP says: In my opinion, and for several reasons, this is the best 70-210 zoom lens ever designed and manufactured.

Source:Adaptall-2.com

Click here to see samples

I know that in the AP tests, it tested higher than one of the Vivitar S-1 lenses and the Kiron 70-210 lens. And they are very good. We have the test results in the files.

Kiron Kid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we share test results here ?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Seems to be a fantastic lens!

C.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, indeed as all Tamron SP lenses I loved them so much, quality, interchangeable mount can we except more from a lens ? Don't forget price they are going very cheaply on Ebay.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Can we share test results here ?

You want me to post the test results here?

Kiron Kid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes if possible.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, the Tamron SP 3.5770-210 is a very good lens.
Well made and it has got a superb test result by german "Stiftung Warentest" - a non-profit-organisation.
It has been in the 80's....
they added it has a "perfect hood for the hood is zooming forward while the front lens not being moved forward so far. The hood is pretty small but big enough.

I loved this lens a lot a preferred it over the Tokina AT-X 2.8/80-200 being only a half stop slower but better close distance, better handling and a lot cheaper!
On the dslr it has some problems:
Pics always have a blue cast. While very good on film slr I didn't like it's results on my dslr and sold it.
Staying with my Tamron SP 60-300 though.... (this lens has no problems on dslr at all being one of my best and favourite tele lenses) - even though it is a lot slower at 200 mm.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the lens and it is excellent. Pin sharp through the range. I must admit that I hardly use it because I find 70-210 a bit limiting and it is a fairly big and heavy lens to carry about. I'm sure if I was doing sport or some other subject that suited the FL it would be used. The f3.5 (Constant) is nice and bright. I also tried the lens with the Tamron SP x2 converter and had some good results. I have never seen any colour cast from the lens. If you buy one check a few things. 1. The zoom action MUST be fairly tight with no zoom creep. check it has the supplied lens hood. You should get the lens for around ?50.
The SP 35- 210 f3.5/4.2is also one to consider. It is smaller than the SP 70-210 and almost as good but not so good with the macro/close focus. Again check for tight zoom action. Tamro Push Pull zooms were very accuratly enginered and if loose, something may not be right.

I agree with Paul The SP 60-300 is also one of my favourite lenses. Fantastic performer. Though I do like using the Prime SP f5.6 300mm when it is just the long end I want. It is just a bit lighter and maye a bit quicker to focus in and it focuses down to 1.4 meters, 60-300 1.9 metres.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for joining Rob, and welcome! Smile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see you here Rob, I fully agree with you. I never seen any colour problems on my Tamron lenses.They are well built optically and mechanically.I guess what Paul reported, rare unique happening.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rob for joining..
Rob is a person who made me addicted to Tamron lenses, and on never ending trail of Tamron 35-80mm f2.8-3.8. I am missing the bid every time from last 2-3 months..
My first Adaptall-2 lens was 80-210mm f3.8/4.0, another gem (not SP but still great). I got 35-210mm too, another great versatile lens. Along with Tamron 28mm f2.5, which I think, each of us should have. This 28mm has one of the smallest front element at 28mm focal length (what I have seen). Almost no flare..

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome. I didn't expect that.
I hope I will soon be driving you all mad with Tamron photos and will get some comments even if they are just thanks for posting. Now *** off we have had enough!

Everybody should have a Tamron f2.5 28mm. It is just too good and cheap to do without.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Leslie wrote:

Everybody should have a Tamron f2.5 28mm. It is just too good and cheap to do without.

I'll take the advice and shop for one.
Two questions:
- how much should I spend for it?
- is it going to clear the mirror on a 5D? (as you know, wide angle lenses have this curse with the 5D)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked a seller, he told me not to buy because the lens can not be mounted on an EOS camera.
(??)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You able to find brand new TAMRON adaptall2 adapter for EOS at ebay seller Roxsen. Also avalaible M42 Tamron Adaptall-2 adapter and Nikon Adaptall-2 adapter. You can use any Tamron lens with your EOS cams.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a Tamron M42 mount on the rear of the lens stands proud about 2mm. You then have the M42 to EOS mount to go on so I can't see how it would not fit.
Be sure wait for someone to confirm.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Leslie wrote:
With a Tamron M42 mount on the rear of the lens stands proud about 2mm. You then have the M42 to EOS mount to go on so I can't see how it would not fit.
Be sure wait for someone to confirm.

Yes I can confirm. If you use an M42 Adaptall mount you need an M42 to EOS adapter. Focussing is just the same as if you were using an M42 lens.

PS - I'm buying up all the M42 Adaptalls I can find as I figure once Orio gets his hands on one and tries a Tamron lens, the price is going to shoot up. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ballu wrote:
Thanks Rob for joining..
Rob is a person who made me addicted to Tamron lenses, and on never ending trail of Tamron 35-80mm f2.8-3.8. I am missing the bid every time from last 2-3 months..
My first Adaptall-2 lens was 80-210mm f3.8/4.0, another gem (not SP but still great). I got 35-210mm too, another great versatile lens. Along with Tamron 28mm f2.5, which I think, each of us should have. This 28mm has one of the smallest front element at 28mm focal length (what I have seen). Almost no flare..

Welcome from me too Rob.

Ballu, thanks to Rob's great pictures I've started collecting Tamron lenses too. My first one was a 80-210mm like you (item 140092086123) and I agree it seems to be a great lens. The zoom feels a little slack, but it doesn't slide on its own. But if that's all that's wrong then I got a great bargain at ?0.99 + P&P. !!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Click here to see on Ebay grab it

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Ballu wrote:
Thanks Rob for joining..

Welcome from me too Rob.

Ballu, thanks to Rob's great pictures I've started collecting Tamron lenses too. My first one was a 80-210mm like you (item 140092086123) and I agree it seems to be a great lens. The zoom feels a little slack, but it doesn't slide on its own. But if that's all that's wrong then I got a great bargain at ?0.99 + P&P. !!!!!!!

Peter, not bad lens and not good, average. I have this lens in mflenses.com/gallery

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
[Peter, not bad lens and not good, average. I have this lens in mflenses.com/gallery

I know this isn't a great lens. Attila, but I've been amazed at the quality of the pictures from a lens that cost only 99p. Maybe you got a bad copy? Wink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look pics on the gallery I don't think so I got bad copy, this is the lens quality.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
If you look pics on the gallery I don't think so I got bad copy, this is the lens quality.

A lens can only be as good as the photographer behind it. I don’t think I would make any judgements based on those photos.
Duck really blown highlights overexposed by at least a stop.
3 ducks on the wall Nothing in focus looks like a case of camera shake. Bird in tree again looks overexposed.
Statue once again highlights are blown.
I would go along with SP Tamron’s site assessment of the lens and the resolution figures as well the glowing write ups that have been quoted.
I have never had a soft photo from the lens even wide open.

Orio I realised I have a Tamron Minolta AF mount which is about the same thickness as the Tamron EOS mount (Used to have Sold at ?50) On the f2.5 28mm the rear of lens does not protrude.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talked from different lens, Tamron 80-210 not from SP 70-210.