Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron SP 35-80 & pics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:31 am    Post subject: Tamron SP 35-80 & pics Reply with quote

Got the lens for 10? from ebay.
Optics are nice and clear.

Here are some photos with it.

1/1 from the links.
http://taneli.homelinux.net/albums/wider-lenses/autumnleaves.jpg
http://taneli.homelinux.net/albums/wider-lenses/mg_7301.jpg
http://taneli.homelinux.net/albums/Manual-Only/lehti1.jpg
As you see autumn has arrived here Smile

Here are more photos which I took today with the lens

Last edited by tanheis on Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

superb captures from a superb lens I like this lens very much!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: Tamron SP 35-80 & pics Reply with quote

tanheis wrote:

Autumn? That's snow in that leave in the last pic, right?
I would say that's an early winter. Wink

Congratulations to that lens!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: Tamron SP 35-80 & pics Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
tanheis wrote:

Autumn? That's snow in that leave in the last pic, right?
I would say that's an early winter. Wink

Congratulations to that lens!

We just got small amount of snow yesterday... It melted same day because
temperature climbed up a little bit.

Let's see when the winter begins... Last winter was very late... Came after
Christmas... Neutral Winter really came on february and we reached -40c few days and more than -30c for couple of weeks

Nowdays weather is not so cold anymore... At least hasn't been for many years like 10 or more years ago.

I like snow and winter too but maybe the globe is really getting warmer.

I hope there will be cold and white winter so I can take nice photos with my lenses Smile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minus 40°C!!! Shocked

Where do you live?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Minus 40°C!!! Shocked

Where do you live?

Finland

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At minus 40°C one can not even survive. All photo equipment would be useless including the manual old cameras probably. I think our friend has made a typo there.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
At minus 40°C one can not even survive. All photo equipment would be useless including the manual old cameras probably. I think our friend has made a typo there.

Well, I don't know. Up in the north...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:

Consider that at 28°C of human body temperature, medicians say there is the 3rd and final step of Ipothermia, described as "unnoticeable breath and heartbeat, pupils open wide do not respond to luminous stimulation anymore, all muscular reflexes absent."

At body temperatures of 20° or lower, we have clinical death.

How much can a human resist at minus 40° C before his body temperature reaches critical level?

First stage of Ipothermia is between 35°-32° C body temperature, second stage (loss of consciousness) is between 32°-28° C body temperature, third and final, like I said, at 28° C.

Consider that Titanic passengers could resist only a few minutes in the waters before losing consciousness (which means body temperature between 32° and 28°), and the waters were only around 0°C or just slightly less. True, in that case there was the chill factor induced by wet clothes, but yet, we're still talking of around 0°C temperatures.

I say a human with dry clothes might resist perhaps half an hour at minus 40° C, maybe very strong men one hour, but I seriously doubt anyone can resist more.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
LucisPictor wrote:

Consider that at 28°C of human body temperature, medicians say there is the 3rd and final step of Ipothermia, described as "unnoticeable breath and heartbeat, pupils open wide do not respond to luminous stimulation anymore, all muscular reflexes absent."

At body temperatures of 20° or lower, we have clinical death.

How much can a human resist at minus 40° C before his body temperature reaches critical level?

First stage of Ipothermia is between 35°-32° C body temperature, second stage (loss of consciousness) is between 32°-28° C body temperature, third and final, like I said, at 28° C.

Consider that Titanic passengers could resist only a few minutes in the waters before losing consciousness (which means body temperature between 32° and 28°), and the waters were only around 0°C or just slightly less. True, in that case there was the chill factor induced by wet clothes, but yet, we're still talking of around 0°C temperatures.

I say a human with dry clothes might resist perhaps half an hour at minus 40° C, maybe very strong men one hour, but I seriously doubt anyone can resist more.

Well

I was working and driving the time it was -40c.
I was a while out too... Air feels very cold and fresh... Nose and ears feels like squeezed Smile

It's not so dangerous... Just need to have good clothes...
I've been outside playing ice-hockey and skiing whole day from a childhood when -25c temp Smile

-15c is nothing here... We do everything without even noticing it's cold.
Over -20c begins to feel a bit but still possible to be out if dressed right.

Actually wind is the main thing to be worried at... It's quite bad to get wind when it's cold at least if not good wind stopper in clothes.

In world war time when our friends from Russia decided to come here was quite cold time on winter... It was between -40c and -50c that time and that
is one reason why those poor Russian fellows froze in the forests Smile

Official measured record in Finland was -51,5 C , in Kittilä 28.1.1999.
That is not so much compared to world record:
89,2 C , Vostok Antarktika, 21.7.1983.... That sure is something!! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cold water kills since the body gets in direct contact to the freezing cold.
Very cold air does not kill as long as you can maintain the - oh, I don't know the word, let's call it temperature-shield around the body.
Even if naked you can stand very cold air for a while. (Have a look at a sauna. You change from almost 100°C to below zero in winter and it's not uncomfortable.) But if there is wind, you're done - quickly. Since the wind blows this "shield" away. (That's why we have a "real" and a "felt" temperature in many weather forecasts.)

With very good clothes you can survive pretty long in very cold surroundings.

My granddad used to tell about when he was in Russia during WWII. He survived -45°C without perfect clothing.