Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron SP 300mm 2.8 LD-IF
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Tamron SP 300mm 2.8 LD-IF Reply with quote

http://www.adaptall-2.com/lenses/60B.html

I found out that my father has this lens. I will try it someday. Any experiences with it??

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You found a GOLD do you want to replace Smile with me ? Smile)

This is still an expensive lens above $$$$,outstanding quality lens. I would get experience but I am afraid near soon I can't pay this amount. I really glad if you able to make some great test shoots not only for here. I would like use them in mflenses.com/gallery.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately it's not mine... He likes to shoot birds, sometimes with rifle too Laughing I knew he had some good lenses but I didn't become interested in photography until less than a year ago, and I thought his lenses can be used only with Olympus. But I guess I can try this with my minolta too Smile

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Minolta Adaptall-2 available I have one too if need for you or you can buy very cheap from Ebay.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have one minolta adapter that I used with your lens too.

By the way, I've been considering buying Pentax K100D. Is there a Tamron adapter which makes the program modes work with this camera? I mean full aperture metering?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentax has two kind of adapter tamron pk-m this is not allowed i am sure and there is one pentax A adapter perhaps this is that what you want i am not sure.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentax K100D is a great camera but difficult to mount different type of lenses. If you itended to use many type of lenses like me , think again and take Canon 400D instead.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riku wrote:
Yes, I have one minolta adapter that I used with your lens too.

By the way, I've been considering buying Pentax K100D. Is there a Tamron adapter which makes the program modes work with this camera? I mean full aperture metering?

yes, the P-KA adapter makes all program modes available, just like a modern lens. Big advantage of Pentax... I have the legendary Kiron 105mm in KA mount, so I can use this lens with automatic metering in all modes.

That adapter goes for insane prices though. I'd get a regular PK adapter.
In manual M mode, you can press a button on the K100D so you can get full automatic metering. Pentax really looked after its backward compatibility...main reason why i stick with them. I have one of these adapters for my Tamron 60-300mm SP

One advice though: if you can, get the K100D Super, that way you can use SDM lenses in the future...
This edition also has the dust removal system, the K100D doesnt.

Tom

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What lenses is 400D better with? I have Tamrons and some M42 lenses. I don't really have any extra money to spend, K100D would be the cheapest and I could barely afford that. K100D would have shake reduction, better viewfinder and focus confirmation with all lenses, right? 350D and K100D would be around the same price in here.

Why K100D Super? I thought dust removal doesn't really work and SDM lenses can be used with K100D too, they just focus slower. At the moment it's about 100€ more expensive.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You started right now with M42 and Tamron lenses. Later you read some good fact from Contax, Nikkor or Rollei lenses and you will can't use them on Pentax. So I think for manual lens lover smart choice is Canon and Olympus.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Tamron SP 300mm 2.8 LD-IF Reply with quote

Riku wrote:
http://www.adaptall-2.com/lenses/60B.html

I found out that my father has this lens. I will try it someday. Any experiences with it??

I have this lens, very heavy, it comes with own strap, very sharp, even wide open, I love it.