Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron SP 24-48mm f:3.5-3.8 - 5D Mark II
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:10 am    Post subject: Tamron SP 24-48mm f:3.5-3.8 - 5D Mark II Reply with quote

I noticed there are few sample pictures from this lens.
So, here are some sample shots of the Tamron SP adaptall-2 (13A) 24-48mm f:3.5-3.8 mounted on the 5D Mark II.
Specifications of the lens :
http://www.adaptall-2.org/lenses/13A.html

As usual, click on pictures will open them in bigger size.

and 2 indoor pictures taken with the lens mounted on "old" Canon Eos 400D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Tamron SP 24-48mm f:3.5-3.8 - 5D Mark II Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
I noticed there are few sample pictures from this lens.
So, here are some sample shots of the Tamron SP adaptall-2 (13A) 24-48mm f:3.5-3.8 mounted on the 5D Mark II.
Specifications of the lens :
http://www.adaptall-2.org/lenses/13A.html

Congrats, Olivier! That's a fine looking lens and the photos are most impressive!

The 13A is a lens I have sought after for a really long time. But while I waited for the "right" copy to become available, escalating prices here in the USA have all but placed the lens out of reach, at least for me.

I'm a fan of the short zooms, and fortunately bought both the Hoya and the Sun offerings back when prices were saner. I will continue to search for a 13A, especially after seeing your splendid results, but I'm not holding my breath. Sad

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Gardian.
Keep your fingers crossed.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, i know that lens is good....have had it a week & half into my watchlist, i think it was ebay canada or so, somebody was selling one into mint condition - the auction ended way early at night (german time) and i do missed it...it looked like new...and i felt bad... Sad

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Olivier, your sample images have inspired me to buy this lens. Finally got it today and I look forward to testing it out. If my copy is as good as yours, I'll be a happy camper.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are some great sample images Olivier,I have a non lens question...if I may ask it, and it has to do with image #6,is that rosemary and lavender (under the seagull) or is it two types/varities of lavender?

Back to the lens and image samples,it shows off the garden very nicely.I don't use or have many of these little zooms (I have a Chinon 35-70 macro, but it's full of fungus...the images I believe would be ok if it was cleaned) but you may have changed my mind in possibly buying another one (chinon) or searching for the SP Tamron....in between buying other lenses of course. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

invisible wrote:
Hey Olivier, your sample images have inspired me to buy this lens. Finally got it today and I look forward to testing it out. If my copy is as good as yours, I'll be a happy camper.

You've inspired me to buy a nicer home, Olivier! Nice pics, beautiful place!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've watched it for ages and then missed it here, because at german local time it was at night...was way fed up....

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Tamron-SP-Adaptall-2-24-48mm-f3-5-3-8-Wide-Angle-Zoom-lens-w-case-hood-RARE-/271482372254?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item3f359c409e&nma=true&si=HxaLformE7xDQYfZTpiZUe7CO90%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

The only drawback of this specific tamron sp lens: no filterthread, and it's hard to find the right lens hood, if not supplied.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:18 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one sitting in the back of junk drawer, all beat up and hazed over. Might be a time to try to resuscitate it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for kind comments.
I'm happy they inspire you (lens, home, french food) Laughing

Moïra, I asked my wife and these are 2 kinds of lavander. One comes from South of France where climate is warmer but it grows less than the other kind. Smile

Invisible and Gardener, please post your samples !

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thank you,I have the English and Italian varities growing in pots,I must find the French variety for spring. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Very Happy Thank you,I have the English and Italian varities growing in pots,I must find the French variety for spring. Very Happy

Hre are some informations :
http://www.museedelalavande.com/en/le-musee-de-la-lavande-la-lavande-fine/le-musee-de-la-lavande-botanique-lavande-pure

French selling site (use Google translation).
For outside europe deliveries, ask them.
http://www.leaderplant.com/graminees-vivaces/au-soleil/lavandes.html?gclid=CPfhtoaaqcACFRHHtAod6hAAYg

Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help, once I find the name I can source them locally (I hope)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One for sale ebay.com...seller acameradude.very nice condition.