Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron SP 19AH 70-210 Strange behaviour: FIXED
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Tamron SP 19AH 70-210 Strange behaviour: FIXED Reply with quote

I got this lens a few months back but never liked it simply because I cant get good pictures with it. Its not really sharp. Especially at the long end.
When I use it for macros its better but something must be off Im sure.

I did open it up in the front to see if all the glass was in place and it sure looks ok. I havnt checked the back section yet but perhaps something has happened there.

If anyone here has a clue about what it could be I would love some assistance?
Even better might be a schematic over it or at least some way for me to know that all the glass is in its right place facing the right way.

It didnt look like anyone had been inside it before but who knows. Someomne might have and maybe misplaced one of the lenses?

Please help.

I can upload pictures if that would help.

Last edited by aliasant on Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.adaptall-2.org/lenses/19AH.html

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
http://www.adaptall-2.org/lenses/19AH.html

Thanx ... Crying or Very sad but I knew that already.
I even have the entire original adaptall-2.com website locally on my harddrive. Just incase it would vanish..

That lens schematic image doesnt tell me much Im affraid.
When you have a lens in your hand it looks quite different and its very hard to know what direction the lens should have.
If someone else took it apart without documenting the individual lens's direction......

Im not sure what kind of help I want but I guess Im hoping someone else has had a similar problem with this or a similar lens.

Update: This link shows the 19AH cut thru.
Seems it has 4 groups and perhaps that can narrow down my problem a bit:
http://www.adaptall-2.org/articles/InsideZoomLens/InsideZoomLens.html

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:24 pm    Post subject: FIXED it :) Reply with quote

I gathered what guts i could find laying around and took the lens apart again.
Found 2 different elements that faced the wrong direction so that was an easy fix.
1 lens in the compensator group and the other in the variator group.
I also modified the throw on the focus ring to gain better closeup capabilities. I gained about 5 cm throw and that got me about 30% closer. Really nice espeically on the wider range.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! Congratulations on success.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Excellent! Congratulations on success.

Thanx Smile