Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron SP 01A "L" version on ebay
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:17 am    Post subject: Tamron SP 01A "L" version on ebay Reply with quote

Hi,

Terribly sorry for spamming with such nonsense, but maybe it would put smile on somebody's face as it did on mine.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291266006048?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Some of the sellers on ebay have to have really small... that they have to re-compensate by doing such thing with a lens.

Cheers
Mateusz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, The 17-35 has a high quality, wide aperture.

He's overcharging a bit for the Tamron.

He's probably a bad copy writer for a local newspaper advertising department.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was amusing - "the Red Ring Brothers" to the rescue. Glad to know they're all I'll ever need. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you make of the "custom rotatable lens hood to allow for shading at different focal lengths"? Smile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
What do you make of the "custom rotatable lens hood to allow for shading at different focal lengths"? Smile

I don't know what it is, but I want two of those! Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reaching for my tin of red paint.... Wink

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my first thoughts on seeing that 01A was that it might be a "Lens Doctor" refurb. And on looking down LD's lenses for sale page - yep the same thing for £175!

So you'll have to let him off the red lining...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... Hexar lenses might actually move with a little extra red paint. Or gold paint like Nikon ED lenses.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Price breakdown:

Two lenses: 150£

Gaudy write up: 450£

Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He did not really paint a red ring around the lens barrel, did he? Shocked

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:

Foldable rubber hood, I would guess.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for my technical incompetence, which lens is fake, left one or right one? Smile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CuriousOne wrote:
Sorry for my technical incompetence, which lens is fake, left one or right one? Smile

Neither of the lenses is a fake. The lens on the left is one of the more expensive and supposedly superior Canon L series, which they
designate by a red ring near the front element ("supposedly" because some of them are not that great, particularly at the wide end).
This red ring has become a kind of status symbol amongst a certain type of photographer.

On the right is the Tamron SP 01A 35-80 which many forum members own and you can find many threads about it. Someone has
painted a red ring on it to give a more sexy look.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did nobody read my post?
HERE:
http://www.thelensdoctor.co.uk/page7.html
half way down the page
This guy Eddie Houston seems to know what he is doing and as you can see concentrates on canon conversions. I actually got a pretty reasonable quote from him a year ago CLA of two 01A's but didn't follow through. He probably is the only guy around to do work on adaptalls. If I decide to go for a full CLA of my 60B i'll definitely be soliciting him.