Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron Adaptall SP 35-210mm help needed
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:27 pm    Post subject: Tamron Adaptall SP 35-210mm help needed Reply with quote

Hi
You know that old saying; "If it ain't broke - don't fix it". Well, I wish I heeded it more! I decided to remove some very faint fungus from the rear lens assembly of this lens. I quite like this lens, a bit bulky on my XE2 but produces nice photos for an old manual lens.
Anyway, I think I'm getting senile because I swore I put the two parts of the rear lens back the same way they came out but no, I have lots of blur at 35mm. Is there a diagram somwhere showing the right way round they go? I have switched them about but I'm sure I'm doing something wrong because I can't get it right.

Many thanks

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.adaptall-2.com/lenses/26A.html

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick response, much appreciated.
Anyway, things have gone from bad to worse. Clearly I did get them the wrong way round but now one of the lens glass is firmly stuck and I can't remove it. I have tried using a suction cup but that won't budge it. I've also applied a warm pad around the metal tube holding the lens. My only option is to dismantle the lens but a zoom? I can't find a guide on how to strip the zoom down and I suspect it won't be easy. So unless I can extract the lense glass I've ruined a very nice lens.
I think I've learnt my lesson.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel for you - I've had all sorts of frustrating failures on these things, lenses and cameras.
Every one of these ancient things is high-risk.

Anyway, usually these lens assemblies, at least the ones in the rear, usually came in removable cells that can be further dismantled outside the lens body. Other tricks - lubricant, if it can be applied safely. Also, possible problem is air seal. If it is a removable cell, one trick that has worked for me one occasion is to drill a little hole behind the lens - no idea if there is room for that.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're almost on the same boat. Mine is a BBAR 80-210mm. Once after cleaning the fungus I got the same problem with you. Couldn't focus and then the most front optic stuck. This experience told me why the lens couldn't focus; it was not well pressed ! For the stuck problem, I used a very thin hard-plastic, inserted to the edge of the optic and then pulled it out. I don't know whether this trick will work on yours. Keep trying.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try pushing the element back in, if its jammed then it will probably need some force to re align it and that's easier to apply pushing it back in. They usually go back in to their original place and then come out as they should.