Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron Adaptall 2 Zoom SP CF Macro 35-80mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:18 am    Post subject: Tamron Adaptall 2 Zoom SP CF Macro 35-80mm Reply with quote

I just picked this up on e-bay - surely the adaptall mount alone is worth the money, and the lens gets high ratings on Adaptall.com so we shall see... I have the adaptall Pentax-A mount so it is on my K10D at present - does anyone else have experience of this little zoom please?

The 'loose ring'mentioned on e-bay was the Adaptall 2 adapter itself, which was improperly attached - remounted truly, it works and focuses perfectly...

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats nemesis! it's a super bargain price and this lens have very good reports

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats nemesis! super bargain price for a excellent lens

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a cracking little lens and well worth having. Mine cost about the same (or less, it came with another M-AF piece of junk) and the only problem I have with it is it has been well-used, so the focus movement is a bit variable and as a result the focus grip has loosened a lot. Easily fixed, though, and the optics are great.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback - if the sun ever comes out here in Portland, I'll go take some test pictures... You will all be pleased to know they probably won't be of blossom, unlike my last dozen or so, as the rain has washed most of that off!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a very nice lens, I bought two copies and still keep them.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:05 am    Post subject: First tamron 35-80mm Picture Reply with quote

Ungreat in the extreme - somewhat soft?

Came out of camera like this - merely cropped to 25%...

http://www.pbase.com/nemesis101/image/95430587

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this lens, and it is sharp, sharp, sharp...

I think the candle image shows the point of focus on the rim of the container...and that area is very sharp indeed.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurence wrote:
I have this lens, and it is sharp, sharp, sharp...

I think the candle image shows the point of focus on the rim of the container...and that area is very sharp indeed.

You may well be correct about the focus point - shame I was aiming for the top of the tallest candle! maybe I'm as cross-eyed as Clarence? Embarassed