Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron Adaptall-2 200mm f/3.5 04B FF
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject: Tamron Adaptall-2 200mm f/3.5 04B FF Reply with quote

Hi,
Mostly I'm the reader. So I don't post very often.
Especially as i sold almost all my manual lenses. But... GAS is in action.
I have been tempted by auction of 04B + TC x2. As I have 500mm f/8 55B it was very interesting.
I had two manual 200mm lenses.
Pentax M 200m f/4 - so so lens
Hoya 200m f/3.5 - center ok but overall by by lens Smile
But 04B is a little bit different it is very nice lens.
I've made test shots vs Sigma 70-200 2.8 EX II lens. and it work quite well.
To be honest very well.
So below is test shot made by K1 in Catch-in focus mode.
Plus Crop Smile
Of course Sigma give you more detail as it is very easier to focus.
But still I'm pleased with results Smile

What is great? as it is Adaptall lens, with PK mount it work as A lens so fully automatic aperture.
And there is no other option for 200mm 3.5 A-lens Smile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the result is very good indeed.
I can see why you are so pleased with this lens. Bokeh looks nice too.
Thank you for sharing this
Tom

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Tamron Adaptall-2 200mm f/3.5 04B FF Reply with quote

Piotr Krochmal wrote:
But 04B is a little bit different it is very nice lens.
I've made test shots vs Sigma 70-200 2.8 EX II lens. and it work quite well.
To be honest very well.
So below is test shot made by K1 in Catch-in focus mode.
Plus Crop Smile [...]
What is great? as it is Adaptall lens, with PK mount it work as A lens so fully automatic aperture.
And there is no other option for 200mm 3.5 A-lens Smile

That 200/3.5 worked wel for you, Piotr. The Adaptall-2 site ( http://adaptall-2.com/lenses/04B.html ) made it seem like an interesting lens (as most Adaptall-2 lenses are):

"A lightweight telephoto which features a more expensive dual focus helicoid such that the rear elements move at a different rate than the front focus elements. This provides a fairly good degree of correction for close focusing induced aberrations. Thus this lens offers above average performance at close focusing distances compared to most other after market 200mm telephotos. This lens also is a good yet very affordable lens for portrait photography."

And, as a Pentax user, you can also see one of the Adaptall-2 lens advantages - the ability to use nearly all of the Adaptall-2 lenses with a PKA-mount adapter for fully automatic metering (if desired).

Thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeap, adaptall system have a lot of advantages. I had 300mm 2.8 also but I have to sell it as I use it very rarely.
And I have 90mm macro Smile great lens!
Only problem pricy adapters Smile Got two with A functionality and one of them show wrong aperture (+1EV so 2,5 is 4 etc)
As soon as I take some real photos I will post them. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now this lens. Open CA and have very sharp.The examples on the a7r.

p/s Sell, as is not the case. (with adapter on P/K)