Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron Adapt-a-Matic 21mm f/4.5 model PFJ-45au
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more pics, not high res, as you know now it is sharp in the center, and soft in the corner.
Only the last one has been post process, the other straight from the camera

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful shots! Always wanted one of these lenses. Maybe some day.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, impressive results!! Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extremely nice shots.

There's one in the eye for all the idiots who whine about 'lens X has soft corners at aperture setting Y'.

Just learn how to use the damn thing to make good pictures, as the old saying goes 'only a bad workman blames his tools'.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is very kind of you.

The last shot of mine for this lens, Have a nice week end, Happy Retro Style !

100%

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Splendid shoots and very beautiful images.
Thank you
Tom

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's another excellent one Willy, well done.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After years of wanting to add this lens to my Adapt-A-Matic collection I finally purchased a copy today:

Click here to see on Ebay then click see original listing

I have lost out on so many of these lenses because of cost, with even the Bushnell version being out of reach. I think the one I bought today was affordable because it has a hole in the front element and a dented front filter ring. But the filter is at the rear anyway, and I doubt presence of the hole in such a large front element will be detectable in photos. The rest of the lens is not exactly pristine, either. And only God knows what that adapter is. It will be coming off first thing.

My lens is a rather early example. You can tell by the metal focus ring. Notwithstanding the age of this lens, I did learn from the seller that its A/M switch is functional. That switch is so often a problem with Adapt-A-Matic lenses.

Really I don't know if this lens, sold after all for parts, will be any good. But I had enough eBay bucks in reserve to where my cost, with shipping, was beneath US$20. For a lens I've always wanted, but never could afford, it was worth taking the risk.

Years ago I was buying Adapt-A-Matic lenses of all sorts, whenever price was right, in order to obtain highly prized genuine Tamron Adapt-A-Matic m42 adapters (I'm not a fan of the workaround). More recently the air has gone out of that balloon, with all Adapt-A-Matic lenses selling now for too much to purchase merely for the adapter. So I'm left with the m42 adapters I was fortunate to acquire in the past, one of which surely will be used to adapt my new 21mm Adapt-A-Matic lens, if it turns out to be a usable lens.

Anyway, bottom line, I'm pretty stoked finally to have found an affortable copy of this 21mm.

Whoo Turtle

Fingers are crossed, hoping for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guardian wrote:
I doubt presence of the hole in such a large front element will be detectable in photos. The rest of the lens is not exactly pristine, either. And only God knows what that adapter is.

Congrats! Very good price, it doesn't look too bad at all. That peck in the front element won't be noticeable, but if it does you could put some black paint in it.

The adapter is for the Miranda system.