Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron AD2 SP 35-210mm 26a
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject: Tamron AD2 SP 35-210mm 26a Reply with quote

Took this lens out for a play over the weekend - ended up capturing this steam loco at the Severn Valley Railway

The lens lived up to my previous expectations!

I like the grainy B&W film-esque finish on this one

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An interesting effect. It looks like pushed Tri-X sort of.

This lens is one of only a very few SP zooms I don't already own. The more I see images taken with it, the more I want one.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a function in Gimp that does this.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What camera Mark?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Nikon D3

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
An interesting effect. It looks like pushed Tri-X sort of.

This lens is one of only a very few SP zooms I don't already own. The more I see images taken with it, the more I want one.

Technically, it's average at best (which is no wonder considering its - at the time - large focal range). Even the Nikkor AiS 35-200mm, a very expensive lens, did have its problems. And the Nikkor was really full of exotic glass (four lenses with n=1.8; four lenses with n>1.86, and one lens with n>1.9).

The Tamron SP 35-210mm feels solid, like all the corresponding SP lenses, but i wouldn't spent much money for it. I might even have two copies - if so, you can have one for free;). I'll check that as soon as come home from my three weeks photography trip to Rome/Italy. If i should forget, don't hesitate to remind me.

Stephan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
I might even have two copies - if so, you can have one for free;).
Stephan

If one is into old lenses and Tamron adaptall in particular: grab this offer!!

This is a great zoomlens, sometimes it isn't about the numbers or the testcharts, it's all about how easy it gives you great results. This Tammy is definitely one of those lenses, you don't have to do much in post processing, pics come out very pleasing.

A very versatile piece of optics, i'm keeping it! Wink
See here for more about the 26A : http://forum.mflenses.com/an-amazing-zoom-tamron-26a-35-210mm-t77441,highlight,%2Btamron.html

Cheers, René!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne wrote:
stevemark wrote:
I might even have two copies - if so, you can have one for free;).
Stephan

If one is into old lenses and Tamron adaptall in particular: grab this offer!!

Sorry to disappoint you guys ... it was not the SP 35-200, but the SP 60-300 which i have twice. If anyone wants the latter, just PM me. Lens for free, P&P must be paid.

Stephan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
Sorry to disappoint you guys ... it was not the SP 35-200, but the SP 60-300 which i have twice. If anyone wants the latter, just PM me. Lens for free, P&P must be paid.

That's a very generous offer, Stephan. I happen to like the 60-300. It was my go-to telephoto zoom back in the day when I was shooting a lot of film. These days, I too have two of them. The first one I bought for dirt cheap from a local camera shop. The second one came as basically a body cap for a camera I wanted. Meaning that I didn't really pay anything for the lens. I've been lazy about getting rid of one of them. I sure don't need two.