Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron AD2-EF, AF confirm -adapters
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 8:19 am    Post subject: Tamron AD2-EF, AF confirm -adapters Reply with quote

anyone used these?
these are 15 euros, chipless 5 euros

the instructions make me seasick Shocked Idea Neutral

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That EMF chip is used on my M42 EF adapters. Setup instructions are way more complicated to write than execute! Sort of like writing bicycle riding instructions. :lol

Mine are usually used with camera in full Manual mode, although Aperture Priority works.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I've seen the chips separately for $5 if you care to stick them on yourself.
Personally I've no need, all my cameras give AF confirm without the need of a chip & I use far too many different lenses on each adapter to make the EXIF bit useful.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odd -- I wonder why this adapter is listed on US eBay when the seller won't ship to a US address. Very odd.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seller is Hong Kong and ships to Europe only, prices in UK pounds. I think has to do with vat and tarrifs?

I actually been thinking that ebay.com is international, not U.S.?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps you're right. But I'm also used to seeing the eBay sites that are specific to certain countries, such as the UK, Germany, Canada, etc. So, since eBay's home base is in the US, I've always assumed that ebay.com was for the US.

When I'm looking at a column of listings, on the left margin, there's an "Item Location" selection that I can choose from. It shows "default" which I've learned means sellers from anywhere, then there's "Within" (a given distance range), then "US Only," then "North America," and finally "Worldwide." So, yes, it can be global. But I'm curious, do eBay members from other countries see the same "US Only" as I do?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Small countries don't have working ebay sites. There was ebay.fi but no-one used it. Now it is a security risk. Besides ebay.com we use mostly ebay.de and some ebay.uk and ebay.fr.