Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron AD2 (28A) SP 4-4,5/28-135
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Tamron AD2 (28A) SP 4-4,5/28-135 Reply with quote

I received this lens 2 weeks ago.
It's an interesting piece of engineering.
As read on "adaptall-2.org" : "This lens features an extraordinarily complex mechanical design since all lens elements move as four separate groups at different rates when zooming. "

Max aperture : f:32
Min focusing distance : 0,26m
Filter diam : 67mm
Weight : 710 grs
Macro ratio : 1:1.4
Diaph : 6 blades

This is a good walk around lense.

Here are some quick samples.

1-

2-

3-

4-

5-

6-

7-

8-

9-

10-

11-

12-

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks olivier, i just bought it! cant get such a nice result in this range for such a cheap price...in fact, i dont think there are many lenses at all that have this range!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
thanks olivier, i just bought it! cant get such a nice result in this range for such a cheap price...in fact, i dont think there are many lenses at all that have this range!

That's nice !

I also received the Tamron SP 24-48mm F/3.5-3.8 Model 13A.
Very interesting zoom lense. Very sharp.

24-48 + 28-135 = quite a good range with just 2 lenses.
With 3 lenses :
24-48 + 35-80 + 80-210.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i agree about the range with just 2 lenses, but i cant manage to get my new planar 85/1.4 off my canon! it is by far the best lens i have ever used, including the planar 50/1.4! but i am eager to get the 28-135 as most zooms that are 28mm wide go only to 80mm or so, and 35's go mostly to 105MM, so its a really special range in one lens.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very nice Lens Olivier,It will be interesting to see this lens used in summer lighting.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
A very nice Lens Olivier,It will be interesting to see this lens used in summer lighting.

Yes, you're right Moïra.
It will give good paintings. I am sure that the 24-48 will give very good results either. It is sharper and have more contrats, I believe.

Moïra, do you know what ?
I received a complete Tamron 500 f8 set today !
I don't manage to get images as sharp as your birds. Surely because of insufficient light ?

I wondered wether you kept the "normal" filter in place. In the booklet they say to let it as it is part of the optical design. But I read this after I took some samples without it.
To complete it, I won an auction for a Tamron SP Tele-converter 2x. 1000mm F16... Laughing Tripod absolutely needed. I'll try some night shots such as firong the moon.

I'll post some samples of the 500 f8.
Do you have some nice tips to give me for its good use ? They're welcome ! Wink

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats Olivier, you scored a fine SP collection!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
congrats Olivier, you scored a fine SP collection!

Dear Poilu. Cool
You noticed very well the SP collection... Wink
I try to focus on some MF Lenses axis.
At present, it's on the Tamron SP family and I'm quite happy with it :

- Tamron SP 24-48mm f:3.5-3.8
- Tamron SP 28-135mm f:4-4.5
- Tamron SP 35-80mm f:2.8-3.8 (real gem !)
- Tamron SP 500mm f:8
- Tamron SP Tele-converter 2x

- Tamron 28mm f:2.5. Nice little lens.
- Tamron 80-210mm f:3.8-4. First MF Tamron that I bought, for very cheap.

I also have the very good AF zoom-lens Tamron SP 28-75mm f:2.8

So, I have few axis becoming clear :
- Angenieux. That's normal for a french man.
- Russian lenses.
- Tamron.
- P6 lenses
I could go on with Soligors... Razz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only advice that I can pass on that really helped me was from another member(I forgot who..but many thanks) was to bump the ISO to 400 and yes good light helps sharpen the picture a lot.
With the moon shots cooltouch gave some great advice about the iso needed to shoot the moon around 100iso give or take,I just dialed up or down with the pentax wheel, adjusting it as I went and hoped for the best.
I had not noticed if there was a Clear filter in the rear or not? I have 4 colored filters Laughing
Congrats on the converter I am looking out for one as well just to try it out! Laughing
I would love to see some photos of your lens and set of SP gear in the equipment gallery.
Another tip hold your breath and fire away in between slight movements... Wink Laughing (seriously!)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting lens, keep the pictures coming! I've had two but they were both broken Sad

I've sold most of my Tamrons now, but I kept my faves:

SP 17/3.5
AD2 24/2.8
SP 24-48
SP 28-80
AD2 35-135mm (new one)
AD2 70-210/3,8-4 (46A)
AD2 80-250 (104A)
SP 350/5.6
SP 500/8

I still have too many Confused Confused

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Looks like a very nice set.How do you like the weight and compact feel of the lens?

Mmmhhh... Very much !
Focusing ring is very smooth, which is needed to try to be perfectly in focus. Handheld is fine but we need light, or high isos if noise isn't too annoying for the final picture.

Graham, I agree. The 28-135mm is an interesting lens and I like its uncommon mechanical engineering with its button for entering macro mode.

Last edited by Olivier on Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
graham: you got RID of MOST of them! did you have like 30? Laughing

I had issues Sad

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
Graham, I agree. The 28-135mm is an interesting lens and I like its uncommon mechanical engineering with its button for entering macro mode.

I hated that button Laughing The lens only focused down to 2 meters or so in normal focus mode (I sold it a couple years ago so my memory isn't good).

It just goes to show how much personal preference plays in lens decisions Wink