Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron 80-210 f3.8 (03A) infinity focus
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:02 pm    Post subject: Tamron 80-210 f3.8 (03A) infinity focus Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I bought this lens three years ago, around the time I stopped photography. I know it is not as good as the 103A version that came after it, but for some reason it always remained my favourite.

So, now I am taking photos again, I got it from the drawer for a good test run. It is this lens:

I am having trouble with infinity focus at the 80mm end. At 210mm it is fine, infinity focus is perfect - except camera shake Embarassed

At 210mm:

At 80mm:

Is it screwed?

Cheers,
Graham

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if it is screwed, but that house seems too close to judge infinity focus. Despite camera shake, I think it looks like focus is not perfect on 210mm either!? Can you aim at something further away?

I had troubles with a cheap noname Adaptall adapter being too thick. I machined it down a few tenths of a millimeter and eureka, infinity was perfect.

Is infinity focus perfect with any other lens on that same adapter?

/T

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think camera shake wasn't helping the focus on the house chimney Embarassed

I will repeat the test tomorrow with a different adaptor, just in case it is faulty as you ask.

Here are two other photos I did today. I focussed on the distant tree which was much further away than the chimney. I got a focus confirm at infinity at the 210 setting.

210mm:

80mm:

These pics show just how far out the focus is at 80mm Sad

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it is really weird that they are so far apart. But I have no knowledge in why this can be.

/T

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe hazy glasses ?