Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

TAMRON 80-210 3,8-4 103A on Canon R (a walk in Todi)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:05 am    Post subject: TAMRON 80-210 3,8-4 103A on Canon R (a walk in Todi) Reply with quote

Nothing special, of course, but still a capable lens with some care. Bought for a coffe, and first and probably last time I use it.

Todi, anyway, is still one of the best town in my homeland (Umbria, Italy).

Pics slightly edited, levels, some sharpening here and there.

Unluckily I haven't been able to upload further pics, since on some of them I get a very long message with copyright alert or so, and I gave up.
[/img]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the 46a version which came after this one. It hasn't been able to endear me yet. There is a pretty good review on Philipreeve.net https://phillipreeve.net/blog/review-tamron-46a-70-210-mm-f-3-8-4/

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
I have the 46a version which came after this one. It hasn't been able to endear me yet. There is a pretty good review on Philipreeve.net https://phillipreeve.net/blog/review-tamron-46a-70-210-mm-f-3-8-4/

Pictures are better than the verdict would let to suppose

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a few copies of the Tamron BBAR. 03A 80-210mm f3.8 / 4. And I think this lens might also be a contender for the most produced lens ever.

It's not a bad lens, but it's certainly not a good lens. Sadly, mediocrity banishes it to obscurity. I keep getting them in kits that I buy - and they are unsellable, nobody will part with money for one. I might start giving them away.
Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a very dusty 103-A with a broken adaptall-2 mount for P/K on it for $5.00.
While not an earth shattering fantastic lens, it puts to shame most of the generic zooms that have crossed my hands.
Mine is one of those lenses that needs to be stopped down a click or two.
I very rarely shoot wide open with lenses of that focal range anyways.
The close focus capabilities are interesting, and provide usable images.
My particular lens will focus to slightly past infinity at all focal lengths, which I happen to like quite a bit.

-D.S.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all!

Doc Sharptail wrote:
I bought a very dusty 103-A with a broken adaptall-2 mount for P/K on it for $5.00.
While not an earth shattering fantastic lens, it puts to shame most of the generic zooms that have crossed my hands.
Mine is one of those lenses that needs to be stopped down a click or two.
I very rarely shoot wide open with lenses of that focal range anyways.
The close focus capabilities are interesting, and provide usable images.
My particular lens will focus to slightly past infinity at all focal lengths, which I happen to like quite a bit.

-D.S.

Yes I basically agree, there is plenty of worse glass around. This one is a good guy, after all Laugh 1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
I have a few copies of the Tamron BBAR. 03A 80-210mm f3.8 / 4. And I think this lens might also be a contender for the most produced lens ever.

It's not a bad lens, but it's certainly not a good lens. Sadly, mediocrity banishes it to obscurity. I keep getting them in kits that I buy - and they are unsellable, nobody will part with money for one. I might start giving them away.
Rolling Eyes

I dealt with the buyer from KEH this morning.
He could not take my 103-A- they are quite overstocked with them, and nobody's buying.
He agreed good quality optics etc., but has to abide by what the market is doing.
I'll keep it, and give it the same sporadic use, as usual Razz

-D.S.