Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron 70-210 4-5.6
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Tamron 70-210 4-5.6 Reply with quote

This little gem went back to life today when I received the Canon EOS-Tamron adaptall-2 adaptor.
(Samples pending of finding a place to upload pictures without too much hassle...)
I recall it's feeling, I was used to it.
Best regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you referring to the little bitty short aspherical design? If so, I recently bought one on eFray---complete with an M42 mount, for TWELVE U.S. dollars plus a little shipping. I really bought it just because it was small and light. I can carry both it and my little Adaptall 28-70mm in an old tube case.

The darn thing is like a toy, it is so small and lightweight.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

440roadrunner wrote:
Are you referring to the little bitty short aspherical design? If so, I recently bought one on eFray---complete with an M42 mount, for TWELVE U.S. dollars plus a little shipping. I really bought it just because it was small and light. I can carry both it and my little Adaptall 28-70mm in an old tube case.

The darn thing is like a toy, it is so small and lightweight.

I think so!. I'll take some shots for you to see if it's the same.
Small, the short body extends to give different focals and turns to focus. Simple and quick operation...
If it is, I think I keep the instructions manual, I could scan it for you, if you're interested.

In which camera are you using it?. After the first shots in my 350D i think it overexposes a little. But I've to do more testing.

Best regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally went and looked, which I should have done earlier. Mine is a 58A like this

http://www.tamron.com/lenses/prod/m70210_4mm.asp

I see they show that as a 158A, I don't know the difference.

I have an XT, 350D, I haven't shot it much at all. I have a different focus screen, so I have to bump the exposure comp up, anyway

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

440roadrunner wrote:
I finally went and looked, which I should have done earlier. Mine is a 58A like this

http://www.tamron.com/lenses/prod/m70210_4mm.asp

I see they show that as a 158A, I don't know the difference.

I have an XT, 350D, I haven't shot it much at all. I have a different focus screen, so I have to bump the exposure comp up, anyway

Mine looks very much like this one. Tonight I'll shot some pics...
Best regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but I've been busy tonight, and I've been unable to take pictures of the lens.
I've just downloaded the first shots with the 350D and this lens...

Best regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not too bad at all I am curious about full size resolution and in day time capture.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
This is not too bad at all I am curious about full size resolution and in day time capture.

I'll try to put some in these conditions today.
Best regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been too busy today (so no pictures by now Sad )
Just a single one of the lens itself:

It looks like the same one...

Best regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorgeous looking !I am getting jealous...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

Not able to go outside during the day with this lens, but yesterday I took a few pictures inside home with the flash:

Best regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see the pictures are awful... Noisy and grained...
I'm checking if is Imageshack who trashes them or the Picasa export feature. The original ones are Canon RAW (CR2), and look much better...
Best regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

Let's see if these ones are more informatives to you:

http://jespicturesite.blogspot.com/

Finally today I've been able to spare a couple of hours. Not a bright sunny day, so results are in accordance.
All the shots have been taken with the Tamron 70-210, all by hand.
Post processing limitted to do a rough light adjustment (this lens trends to overexpose), conversion to .jpg and the unavoidable sharpening needed by the Canons because the I/R filter in front of the sensor.
The church ones are at Sant Pere de Ribes, a neighbour village where I keep my P.O. Box. The remaining ones. at my (let's call so ) house in Olivella.

Best regards,
Jes.

Last edited by Jesito on Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are GREAT, especially when you consider what a light, compact little lens those are, and what they are selling for.

I'm not getting such good results. Can you tell me what your approximate "throw away" rate is with poor pictures, blurry, jiggle, etc?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Roadrunner,

440roadrunner wrote:
Those are GREAT, especially when you consider what a light, compact little lens those are, and what they are selling for.

I'm not getting such good results. Can you tell me what your approximate "throw away" rate is with poor pictures, blurry, jiggle, etc?

I use to shot around 100 photos per session, and at least 5 to 10 get "technically" wrong (I mean wrong because the settings were not adequate, or I forgot something).

Not too much for me, luckyly... It happens just when I forget basic thinks, like my camera remembering two ISO settings, (one for fully manual and other one for the other modes)...

As an example, the fruits above. I was shooting in Av mode at ISO100 when I decided to open the light one point more, so I switched to Manual, and the setting was ISO1600 there, so all the shots went noisy and rough... In such case, every shot is wrong Rolling Eyes

Best regards,
Jes.