Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron 70-150 f:3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:24 am    Post subject: Tamron 70-150 f:3.5 Reply with quote

I got this lens as part of a bundle some time ago and thought I'd give it a go, to see if I was missing out on anything.
It's a bit of an odd size now for crop cams and it falls short of a good Kiron or SP as far as IQ goes.
The first two pics are at f:8 and f:11 and aren't too bad - acceptable enough for general mucking around with a nondescript lens.
The cream building on the middle right is actually that shape, it's not lens distortion.

The third pic was taken at f:3.5 and the softness and CA are bloody awful.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The non-SP Tamrons are for "consumer" consumption and it shows. Very ho-hum lens.

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In close up and portrait distance my copy is a great performer, I love this lens.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
The non-SP Tamrons are for "consumer" consumption and it shows. Very ho-hum lens.
patrickh

It's not actually as bad as it looks - 100% crops show it to be fairly acceptable as a cooking lens, but not one I'd miss losing if it fell in the sea.