Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

tamron 35 200 26A schematics or instructions for opening
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:49 am    Post subject: tamron 35 200 26A schematics or instructions for opening Reply with quote

I got a 26a in very good optical conditions, I have already experience of total adjusting and cleaning of a couple zooms, but when opening this one (focusing extremely hard while zooming ok, anything else ok) I saw a hard plastic sheet glued around the barrel under the rubber ring.

A friend suggested that it might be a sealing for a nitrogen gas filling, binocular style, a bit unlikely though.

I suspect instead it is a sealing for some sort of fine regulation of different zooming groups that should be left only to trained technicians.

So I would need some more info or schematics going beyond some internet rumors of a lens that cannot be repaired.

An italian technician contacted by phone told me that there is some kind of bearing possibly damaged, with an uncertain repair diagnosis.

Zoom is good but not as excellent as to require a costly repair, I have many good level combinations that perform better so i might live with this defect (zoom is heavy on the neck after all). Neither I want to damage it though

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the macro mechanism ok?

I had a copy that macro seemed to get stuck now and then.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskalaCafe wrote:
Is the macro mechanism ok?

I had a copy that macro seemed to get stuck now and then.

That works flawlessly. I can frame easily my credit card without effort.

I don't know if peeling off that plastic sheet woudlr esult in disaster or not. tamron refuses to accept it as repair.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is common construction that the focus/zoom ring splits into two for disassembly, I suspect this is the case with the 26A. Commonly there is some tape like insulating tape but your plastic is probably doing the same job of marrying the two halves together. If you want to try removing it proceed like this: part remove it first then make a scratch or two across the two halves. This will mark the join so you can reorient it correctly.

The SP 26A is pretty readily available (at least it is in the UK) so it basically isn't worth putting too much time or money into one. if there's a problem just get another one.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcusBMG wrote:
It is common construction that the focus/zoom ring splits into two for disassembly, I suspect this is the case with the 26A. Commonly there is some tape like insulating tape but your plastic is probably doing the same job of marrying the two halves together. If you want to try removing it proceed like this: part remove it first then make a scratch or two across the two halves. This will mark the join so you can reorient it correctly.

The SP 26A is pretty readily available (at least it is in the UK) so it basically isn't worth putting too much time or money into one. if there's a problem just get another one.

Grateful. Congrats I just won another one but I like to repair lenses for fun, I really hate to leave them broken.

In any case they seem to be sold not so cheaply on ebay lately. This lens is really handy despite weight, wtith the 26 a you can avoid distracting yourself changing lens when light is good and the mind is concentrated.