Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron 200mm adaptall without mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: Tamron 200mm adaptall without mount Reply with quote

Today I found a tamron 200mm f/3.5 without a proper mount (see the image below where it is situated next to a proper one).

Is there a way to get this baby working again?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you can find adapter virtually for any camera. I am unsure adaptall-2 mount is okay or not. I am sure oldest mount Adaptall works fine.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila, the adapter is not the problem, but attaching an adapter if there is no mount to clip it on to!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooh sorry, I couldn't realize it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it misses some aperture parts also, is it wide open all time? Confused

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, there.
I see two options here.
#1. The right one. Try to find an Adaptall in far worst condition, beyond repair that is, which have of course to sell for peanuts. Then cannibalize the mount to fix yours.
#2. The contraption. Try to fabricate someway a mount from various spare parts. Let's say a cheap M42 to EOS, a few washers/spacers, a cheapo extension tube and work out something useful.

Cheers, M.-

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marty wrote:
Hello, there.
I see two options here.
#1. The right one. Try to find an Adaptall in far worst condition, beyond repair that is, which have of course to sell for peanuts. Then cannibalize the mount to fix yours.
#2. The contraption. Try to fabricate someway a mount from various spare parts. Let's say a cheap M42 to EOS, a few washers/spacers, a cheapo extension tube and work out something useful.

Problem is that adaptall mounts are not all similar on the lens side ..
I'd go for the # 2 assuming you can get the aperture working.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
Problem is that adaptall mounts are not all similar on the lens side ..
Hello. I was suggesting replacing the missing lens mount with an identical one from a really cheap non repairable lens to be able using a proper Adaptall ring in the needed flavor. Smile

Cheers, M.-

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the aperture control is no problem it has an Manual/Automatic switch.
Indeed the best thing is to find an otherwise useless tammy.

Thanks for your postings.