Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron 135/2.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Tamron 135/2.5 Reply with quote

Acquired partly because of Attila's examples - and it was fairly cheap. So far I like it, although the weather has been against me (as all those in the PNW know). Here are a couple that seemed quite reasonable:
Wide open - showing DOF and OOF

portrait

detail and sharpness

OOF

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not many fast lens going for this price, nice samples especially the old lady, very natural colors.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:18 am    Post subject: Re: Tamron 135/2.5 Reply with quote

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your great pictures. The colors are amazing.

The Tamron 125/2.5 is an almost perfect lens: well built, sharp, with very good color rendition, good bokeh and contrast, fast aperture, compact size and superb price!

Can anybody tell me why so few lenses have built-in collapsible hoods? This lens has a nice metal one and it's so incredibly useful compared to either these ugly plastic contraptions found on newer telephoto lenses or these cumbersome vintage metal hoods that require a few minutes to screw on the lens before shooting.

Cheers!

Abbazz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots - it's one of those under-appreciated lenses. The close focus is great for a 135mm as well.

135's seem to be the absolute bargains in manual lenses, I can't work out why other than that there were probably a lot made.

@Abbazz - yes built in hoods are wonderful!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the very kind comments.

All the lenses I have with builtin hoods are around the 90 - 200 range. I think a fairly long barrel is needed to accommodate the various rings for focus etc. and still leave room for the hood to slide down.

patrickh