Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron 04B 200mm f3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject: Tamron 04B 200mm f3.5 Reply with quote

I just got this lens in really nice condition with clean optics and immaculate body. I've not used it in anger yet, but from just dicking about indoors, it has really endeared itself to me. Seems to just snap into focus, F3.5 seems more like 2.5, looks to be sharp as a button and is lovely to handle on my 600D. I'm hoping to give it a good workout tomorrow and will stick up some pics.
It already seems a bit special to me, anyone else got this lens and love it??

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A rather scarce lens and quite collectible I think. I've wanted one for a while.
In its time zooms were far more popular for that focal length. You will find plenty of the old Adaptamatic (which is a different formula), but not this one.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perahps more common over this side of the pond - crops up fairly regularly, 20-50 quid is typical.
Near SP sharpness IMO - but more prone to fringing than its predecessors. I did a comparison:

http://forum.mflenses.com/adaptall-200mm-f3-5-s-which-one-if-any-is-the-best-t66125,highlight,%2Badaptall+%2B200mm.html

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great lens. f3.5