Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Takumar infinity adjustment?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zylkan wrote:

Also, the distance to be compensated is more than 1mm since there's also the thickness of the M42 to Nikon adapter used.

That would probably make it impractical, but it MAY be possible to remove the M42 mount and replace it with a mount taken from some Nikon mount extension tubes at the right distance.

The mount will often be held on by some small grub screws, & ultra cheep Chinese extension tubes might be adequate for your donor replacement mount (<£5). Coupling the two is an exercise in ingenuity & DIY but if the outside of the lens fits within the tubes it shouldn't be too hard! (A turned spacer & 3 fixing screws to clamp on the lens might work).

The extension tubes would be sacrificed in this approach, but the lens modifications should be possible to revert.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be very nice of course, although my very limited experience tells me that in most lenses the flange is not something completely independent from other parts, including the rear element. That seems to be the case with this particular lens.

I've only seen that on lenses that have that particular feature on purpose such as the russian "A" lenses - Mir 10A, Jupiter 37A, Tair 3A, etc.

There's actually something interesting I've seen on another forum. A user was able to adapt a Jupiter 21M (also a 200mm F4 but with 1,8m min. focus distance) to achieve IF on Nikon when he disassembled the rear part and found a spacer ring that can be removed/adapted/replaced thereby shortening the overall length of the lens.

Regarding the option to unscrew the rear element a little bit may not be for me at the moment since I now realize my choice for a lens spanner was a poor one... I should have chose one of those "at an angle" instead of a straight one in order to reach difficult places.