Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Takumar 35mm f3.5 vs Lydith 30mm f3.5 Help me.....
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:47 pm    Post subject: Takumar 35mm f3.5 vs Lydith 30mm f3.5 Help me..... Reply with quote

Hi I sold my Flektogon an regret it and now I want a cheaper 35mm lens.
I like the idea of 30mm but wonder how it compares to Takumar 35mm in sharpness and color.
Is there someone that has both or experience from both,

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meyer Primagon 35mm f4.5 is my suggestion or Konica, Minolta , Nikon, Canon FD all good enough, certainly Takumar can be a great choice as well, I especially like oldest silver nose Takumars.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw. there also is a Pentax K f2.8/30mm that is very good, only a bit rare and costly.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestions but it's needs to be m42 I'm gonna use it on an Sony a99.
Isn't the Pentacon/Lydith 30mm any good?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Lydith very much. Pricetag vs performance is very good. Corners may be slight soft atleast wide open.
There where reports that said that this lens collided with the mirror of some DSLR cameras, but I can`t remember which models/ brands.

The Zebra Schacht 35mm in m42 is quite good too.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeeke wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions but it's needs to be m42 I'm gonna use it on an Sony a99.
Isn't the Pentacon/Lydith 30mm any good?

Pentacon often crap, I found only a few copies what was good average or even a bit better and I did look only center on m4/3 camera and Sony NEX-7
Lydith price /performance ratio is great , I never heard bad report from Lydith.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lydith is not bad, but it's not one of the better lenses in that range.

The Mamiya-Sekor SX 2.8/28 is very good on my a850.

The Zeiss Flektogon 2.4/35 is also great.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 for the Flektogon 35mm. I have only the Zebra 2.8 version but I like it very much too

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Komine made vivitar 35mm impressed me.

http://forum.mflenses.com/vivitar-komine-35mm-f2-8-m42-mount-t71766,highlight,%2Bvivitar+%2B35mm.html

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMC & Super-Takumar 35/2 is sharp & fast, small lens

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soligor T4 2,8/35 is very good, and so the vivitar versión. Both made by tokina.

Not in m42, but my hexanon 2,8/35 is a lot better than my md 35/2,8. Less CA.

In m42, the flektogon 2,4/35 is perhap the better optical option but not mechanical. The takumar 3.5/35 should be my option. And if it's the s-m-c versión the bet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got two near-mint/mint S-M-C Takumars 35/3.5. Both of them were decentered even after tightening. Its throw is also relatively small and f/3.5 is really a bit slow. However, the mechanics are lovely as every Takumar has.

My advice is get yourself a MC Flektogon 35/2.4.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have all the lenses listed so far in this thread - except for the pentax 30/2.8.
For my experience (which is obviously only related to the actual samples of each lens that I own), I'd say that the little 3.5 takumar is really hard to beat for performance/price ration: if 3.5 is fast enough, if you want a solid performer that can be really sharp corner to corner from f5.6-8 and already very sharp in the center wide open. Plus, it's small, built like a tank but with extremely smooth operation, and if you get a super-multi-coated version, it also has very good flare resistance.
That said, the primagon is great too, it's not perfect for every kind of shot because of the small aperture, some vignette - already visible on aps-c. Apart from that it's sharp - very sharp - and it has a lovely rendering.
Obviously, then, if you can afford the flek, buy one. But these days it tends to go for very high prices.

As a side note, if 28 is close enough, I have a nice smc tak 3.5/28 for sale at a lowish price (not as sharp as the 35, but wider, and still good, imho).

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This 35mm lens is quite nice, and very cheap to be a RF m39 screw mount lens (usually sells for three times more, atleast). It also fit your camera well with just a small adapter compared to SLR lenses if you use a mirrorless camera.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lens-A-Schacht-Ulm-Travegon-3-5-35-mm-R-M39-Mount-working-/201408664224?hash=item2ee4e452a0

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To assist with the financing of FF camera(a99) I sold a mint MC Flektogon...it was a mistake ....
I almost ordered a mint in box Lydith 30mm but I'll have to think about it for a while ... I almost get a Takumar 35 for the same Money.Will see if I can find a Vivitar 35

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If 28mm I would like to have an RMC Tokina 28mm m42 but prices on eBay have become too high.
I have it in the Pentax K I used it on my Canon APS-C ,tried a couple
Yashica ML 28mm and they were not as good as Tokina / Hoya

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Zeeke

I have a M42 Hoya HMC 2.8/28 in near mint condition which you can have for the cost of postage. I have too many 28mm lenses and I'm feeling in a generous mood tonight so it is yours if you want it. Send me a pm with your address and I'll get you the carriage cost.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M42 28-35 I like...

SMC Takumar 28 / 3.5, it's a great lens and should be cheap, they must have made millions of them.
Chinon Auto Wide Angle. 28 / 2.8. Doesn't enjoy the reputation of the 50 Chinons, but not bad at all.
Carl Zeiss Jena 29 / 2.8 If you see the Japanese version of this - run, it's a dog.
Flektogon 35 / 2.4 You know how good this is.
MIR 1B 37 / 2.8 Very good, I sold mine to buy a Flek' but I'll get another.
Vivitar 28 / 2.8. It's a classic, and deservedly so. Look for the Komine with a 28------- serial number
Vivitar 28 / 1.9 I think this can be found in M42, It's a very special lens, I adore my Minolta mount version.
Hanimex 28 / 2.8. If I said it was average I'd be stretching it a bit, maybe a lot.
Pentacon 30 / 3.5 One of the slowest in the range, but surely the best for the money?
Tefnon / Clubman / Ensinor 24 and 28, and Macro. Possibly the best of the 3rd party lenses in the range? I like mine.
Soligor...they made many lenses in the range, some are great, some are bad. You just have to research if you find one.

On a budget I'd go for the Takumar, MIR or Vivitar, but don't discount the Ensinor.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Yashica ML 28 / 2.8 a lot, the pictures do need 'warming up' but they are sharp and clear.

I had the HOYA 28 / 2.8 in Canon FD mount, it's a great lens. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you haven't seen, this recent thread has comparisons of some 35mm options. Might help you make a more informed decision.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
Hi Zeeke

I have a M42 Hoya HMC 2.8/28 in near mint condition which you can have for the cost of postage. I have too many 28mm lenses and I'm feeling in a generous mood tonight so it is yours if you want it. Send me a pm with your address and I'll get you the carriage cost.

Pm sent 😄

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
SMC Takumar 28 / 3.5, it's a great lens and should be cheap, they must have made millions of them.

This Takumar seems to be suitable for closeups only - I was kinda disappointed by it's landscape/inf performance.

Taken with 400D at f/8. Zero PP.
Asahi S-M-C Takumar 28/3.5

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y wrote:
Lloydy wrote:

This Takumar seems to be suitable for closeups only - I was kinda disappointed by it's landscape/inf performance.

Taken with 400D at f/8. Zero PP.
Asahi S-M-C Takumar 28/3.5

That's a decent picture, a bit of PP to increase contrast would sort that out.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
That's a decent picture, a bit of PP to increase contrast would sort that out.

That's not a decent picture. In the centre it's worse than any modern kit zoom and not very far outside of the centre it's just horrible. And that's on a crop sensor. Surprised If this is indeed at f/8, there's something wrong with the lens. Maybe one element was put in the wrong way?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miran wrote:
That's not a decent picture. In the centre it's worse than any modern kit zoom and not very far outside of the centre it's just horrible. And that's on a crop sensor.

Exactly, any standard plastic zoom would just blow this out of the water. Can't say that about, for instance, cheap Olympus OM wides.