Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Takumar 1:3.5/135 Preset - how to disassemble?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: Takumar 1:3.5/135 Preset - how to disassemble? Reply with quote

Hello,

I have an Asahi Takumar 1:3.5/135 Preset lens (M42).

For an optical experiment, I need to reduce the outside diameter of this camera objective slightly (it's already a very small 135/3.5 lens but still a few mm too wide).

Is it possible to remove (preferably reversably) the aperture and preset rings (see arrows below)?

There are no grub screws anywhere on the outside of the lens. I would have to "go in" either from the back or from the front. What would you recommend?

Kind regards,

Jon

P.S.: I tried to post an image (800x533 px, 164 KB); I can see it in the preview but not in the post. What am I doing wrong?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Takumar 1:3.5/135 Preset - how to disassemble? Reply with quote

Rheum wrote:
Hello,

I have an Asahi Takumar 1:3.5/135 Preset lens (M42).

For an optical experiment, I need to reduce the outside diameter of this camera objective slightly (it's already a very small 135/3.5 lens but still a few mm too wide).

Is it possible to remove (preferably reversably) the aperture and preset rings (see arrows below)?

There are no grub screws anywhere on the outside of the lens. I would have to "go in" either from the back or from the front. What would you recommend?

Kind regards,

Jon

P.S.: I tried to post an image (800x533 px, 164 KB); I can see it in the preview but not in the post. What am I doing wrong?

It is all good, an anti-spam measure we use here. It will show now...
Most welcome here!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It s very difficult to give an advice based on one pic (but at least you put one, some don t do even that), for someone that never had such a lens. If you can, try to make pictures from various angles, try to imagine how someone would "inspect" the lens in real life to find any clues on how to open it. I have an idea but without seeing if there are screws on the lens body i am not sure. I have a Vivitar 85 f1.8, on which you can simply untighten the front part (in front of the aperture rings), but my lens has also screws on the focusing ring and elswhere.

Tomas

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tomas,

Thanks for your reply. I'll take more images! I suppose it would be best to find someone who has worked on this exact lens before. I found instructions for the later 135 mm Takumars but this one is clearly constructed differently. There are no screws anywhere on the sides; just in front and back.

In the meantime, could you please have a look at this? http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=70036 This forum member went in from the back and got stuck after a lot of disassembly. So I'm wondering if it was easier to get in from the front?

Kind regards,

Jon