Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Taking a Cosmicar/Pentax 25/1.4 for a walk ...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Taking a Cosmicar/Pentax 25/1.4 for a walk ... Reply with quote

Hi,

this is my first gallery post here, I'm sure I'm going to like it here Very Happy

Yesterday, very grey day in Brussels, but I still went for a walk in the wetlands and the forest.

Here's some shots with my G1 and a brandnew Cosmicar/Pentax 25/1.4 c-mount lens. All shots wide open.

The lens gives a vintage look on the pics, that I further accentuated by the PP in PSP Photo X2

Looking forward to your comments,
Rafael

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lovely. i really like the look of these cine lenses on m4/3 cameras. welcome! btw, what is a falcon 85/1.4 lens?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
what is a falcon 85/1.4 lens?

Thanks for your comment !
A Falcon is a version of the well known Samyang 85/1.4.
I have it in a Nikon mount, and I am very happy with it.

C U
Rafael

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually I dislike pics from c-mount lenses, but yours are really beautiful. Very dreamy like, unlike the usual funky/swirly look from c-mount.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks rafael, i guess i should just assume that any 85/1.4 is a samyang regardless of name! Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent results - impressive!

(I took the liberty to move it to the cine-lens subsection)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look strangely familiar Wink - saw some of them over on getdpi.com Very nice pictures. I don't remember my Pentax having that 'cine' look, but I also didn't use it very much. The pictures I saw from that lens were generally really nice, it's just a touch too small for my XL hands.

Stefan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, Stafan, it's a small world Razz

Nice to meet you here !
Rafael