Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Taking a Cosmicar/Pentax 25/1.4 for a walk ...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Taking a Cosmicar/Pentax 25/1.4 for a walk ... Reply with quote

Hi,

this is my first gallery post here, I'm sure I'm going to like it here Very Happy

Yesterday, very grey day in Brussels, but I still went for a walk in the wetlands and the forest.

Here's some shots with my G1 and a brandnew Cosmicar/Pentax 25/1.4 c-mount lens. All shots wide open.

The lens gives a vintage look on the pics, that I further accentuated by the PP in PSP Photo X2

Looking forward to your comments,
Rafael

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lovely. i really like the look of these cine lenses on m4/3 cameras. welcome! btw, what is a falcon 85/1.4 lens?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
what is a falcon 85/1.4 lens?

Thanks for your comment !
A Falcon is a version of the well known Samyang 85/1.4.
I have it in a Nikon mount, and I am very happy with it.

C U
Rafael

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually I dislike pics from c-mount lenses, but yours are really beautiful. Very dreamy like, unlike the usual funky/swirly look from c-mount.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks rafael, i guess i should just assume that any 85/1.4 is a samyang regardless of name! Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent results - impressive!

(I took the liberty to move it to the cine-lens subsection)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look strangely familiar Wink - saw some of them over on getdpi.com Very nice pictures. I don't remember my Pentax having that 'cine' look, but I also didn't use it very much. The pictures I saw from that lens were generally really nice, it's just a touch too small for my XL hands.

Stefan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, Stafan, it's a small world Razz

Nice to meet you here !
Rafael