Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Take Widescreen Slides the Easy Way (1970s/1980s?)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:30 pm    Post subject: Take Widescreen Slides the Easy Way (1970s/1980s?) Reply with quote

FULL ALBUM https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjzTDae

Notes on process

See Flickr album description for full details, but done on flatbed scanner (Canon Canoscan LiDE 120) at 1200dpi, all editing done in Photoshop on uncompressed tifs.

Last edited by eggplant on Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commentary

Full specifications of many (if not all, at the time) Iscorama lenses and adapters, and Kowa 2x 8z adapter. How official? Don't know- Widescreen Centre was a reseller, but they could've easily asked manufacturer for details. But uncommon.

Most interestingly, there is a Iscorama lens meant for darkroom enlarger printing shown called the Iscorama-Magnascope. It's 1.5x squeeze, fixed focus at 0.195m and paired with a Schneider Componon 50mm f2.8. I have never seen one of these before, and I have not managed to find any reference on archive.org.

There is also an announcement of an Iscorama copier lens "which allows ordinary slides to be copied on to the widescreen format for inclusion in your programme." Unknown what this is and have never seen anything related from ISCO.

The optical diagram for the Iscorama is only roughly accurate and the one for the Kowa inaccurate (have seen disassembly photos), so haven't drawn attention to them with higher quality scan. Dated/belittling depiction of woman common to photographic advertising on page 3.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot - very interesting. I've also never seen that or heard of this device... I wonder how it would work as a taking lens. Would it 'squeeze' the image?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit: added page I missed processing about the stands. Screenshot in my first post has been changed. Here's a thumbnail of it:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

Anamorphic system, correct? Some moan about effects on bokeh, CA & more: http://forum.mflenses.com/anamorphic-sucks-discuss-t83779.html