Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tair 3 4.5/ 300mm lens, infinity adjustment
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:08 pm    Post subject: Tair 3 4.5/ 300mm lens, infinity adjustment Reply with quote

Hi,

I have recently acquired a tair 3 300mm telephoto lens, which appears to be on good working order. I have however the need to tweak the infinity focus setting.

I have noted the strip down guide someone has posted for this lens, butbeing a lens noon I'm not able to work out from that which bits I need to strip off to allow focus adjustments!

Any help is very much appreciated!

Andy B

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Andy! Hopefully somebody will able to help.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila,

I hope so too, thanks for you welcome Smile

is this thread in the correct sub-forum, i wasn't sure?

Andy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The front block unscrews as i remember.

I had on mine the metal front cap jammed when i got it.
Tried to unscrew the lens cap but instead the front block got unscrewed and i ended up cutting it.
Also there were some small screws visible when you focus to the long end.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abbadon wrote:
Attila,

I hope so too, thanks for you welcome Smile

is this thread in the correct sub-forum, i wasn't sure?

Andy

No problem I did move here , this is correct place for your post.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Std,

do you have pictures of the things you refer to to assist me?

would be very helpful Smile

Andy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andy
unfortunately i don't have this lens any more. There were instructions on the web about it somewhere.
What's yourslooks like? the old one for Kiev or the new one?

BR,
Stefan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is this one:

http://forum.mflenses.com/tair-3-4-5-300a-t13094.html

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andy, I take it that the Nikon mount adapter has arrived? Have you tried using the lens yet with the changed mount to see if adjusting is required?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello

i recently adapted to infinity my Tair 11a, a 135/f2.8, lens, of course they are not the same lens, but if the focusing mechanism is the same, as it s the same for a helios 44-2, you can probably do it the same way, it requires shaving off a bit some parts , so the modification is not that easy. If you are intrested i can make some pictures of how i did it.

tomas

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, no the new Russian sourced nikon mount bit hasn't turned up yet. I could, in theory do a lash up trial using the nikon half of the t2 type mount that I already have, just need some longer screws to allow me to wind them in far enough to grab the undersized lens stub. I would like to discover the technique for this lens adjustment as I suspect I may well still need it, based on the fact the nikon mount will be approx same is the m42 one there at the moment, and as such, will prob still not quite reach infinity on my mount. This may of course not be true if it overshoots infinity on an m42 camera... But I can't check that! I could bung it on my dads old minolta 35mm camera but I dont know where my mum has stored it Sad

Andy B

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, update.

the genuine Russian adaptor turned up, and it was the correct diameter exactly, and also shorter, but we don't quite reach infinity still - its definitely closer but is definitely not at infinity.

Can anyone help me get in to the right part of this lens to adjust it?

cheers

Andy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:03 am    Post subject: Tair repair service disassemble Reply with quote

Moved to: http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic,p,1092174.html#1092174

Last edited by Pancolart on Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I have the A version of the lens which is a more conventional focusing and aperture stopping down mechanism, so I am unsure how applicable any of these comments are to my lens Sad

Can anyone rationalise any similarities internally of the 2 lenses? I'm assuming there must be some similarities?

Does no one have any experience with the A type lens adjustment out there?

Andy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you show me your version?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its this one :

http://forum.mflenses.com/tair-3-4-5-300a-t13094.html

I haven't opened her up yet as I wanted to know where I was looking, I have never opened up a lens before so you can understand my trepidation and I don't want to end up with sections pulled apart that I don't need to touch!

I can take more pictures of it this evening if required?

Andy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry i guess different construction.