Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tair-3 (300/4.5 part of the photosniper) repair guide
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks defective to me.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fermy wrote:
This looks defective to me.

Thanks for your reply. What could the defect be? All the glasses are ok. I dismantled the lens and found nothing wrong Sad what a shame, I heard so many good things about this lens.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the elements misaligned? Does the aperture still close? Do you use the hood?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to switch the elements, no change. The aperture is working fine, it is clean. Using the hood did not change the fogginess of the images. I really can´t think of anything that would cause such bad image quality.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must be a faulty copy then, or light leaks in somewhere. You could try to take a picture with the lenscap on in bright conditions.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not an experienced lens repairman, but it could be a wrong reassembly (if glass is ok).
Was the same problem present before dissasembly too?
How does it perform at f5.6 ,f/8 different focusing distances ?

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the guide! Just fixed the aperture of a tair, that arrived today Cool

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe someone has an idea how to fix Tair 11a iris (20 blades)? It looks mostly the same like the one for Tair-3 with 4 more blades for which I don't know were/how to put them.

Please help.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that guide! I bought Tair-3fs close to mint for just 40$, but it have one skewed blade, and aperture won't close fully.

Ok, I did it.
Some tips for those who not realize it in first place(like me):
Quote:
Simply unscrew the 3 micro-screw(1) to loose it and then rotate it to remove (2).

After that remove the other miniscrew on the primary block(3).

You must unscrew ALL miniscrew on main block(black painted) and one on focusing rail. They holds anti-reflection rings and aperture block. Be careful when unscrewing, do it very slowly!