Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tair 11A
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:19 am    Post subject: Tair 11A Reply with quote

Picked up a Tair 11A 135mm f2.8 yesterday, locally in Kolkata. Cosmetically excellent, glass clean, aperture blades are nice all 20 of them and focuses at infinity with a Fotodiox M42-K adapter. A wee bit of fungus. Price- at yesterday's rates 30 odd us dollars.

It was dark by the time I came back home. So fiddled and shot this elephant decoration, wide-open 1/15 sec, handheld. Light form one fluorescent tube. Output was underexposed. Boosted +1 in post. No sharpening.

Had a lousy night. A rather upset stomach kept me up. This morning it was cloudy and dripping. Shot off a few shots in our parking lot.

F2.8 (our watchman Anil)

F2.8 (a potted flower)

I think I will enjoy this lens. Do share tips and your thoughts please.

Arijit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice images, I sure don't see any fungus troubles.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:24 am    Post subject: fuzzywuzzy Reply with quote

fuzzywuzzy wrote:
Nice images, I sure don't see any fungus troubles.

3 specks it seems. Given the our parts its humid always, I'll have it cleaned soon. The focus ring could be smoother (spoiled by Pentax glass)

Glad you liked them.

Arijit

One more image at f22. Adjusted for exposure (preset lens... will take me a while to get used to)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the lens. I quite like preset lenses and I'm sure you'll get the hang of it soon.

I hope you get success with cleaning the fungus.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: martinsmith99 Reply with quote

Thanks Martin. Handed it over for cleaning and greasing.

Arijit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't take long to get it right, so I am certain you will, even very soon.

Congratulations on the purchase! 30$ for such a lens is a real bargain, even with fungus...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Result looks good, but I suggest not stopping down more than f/8.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Congratulations on the purchase! 30$ for such a lens is a real bargain, even with fungus...

I'm not used to buy things very cheap yet (sadly), but I bought (localy) a Tair 11A yesterday for 15 euros, screwed on Zenit in very good condition (just a bit of dust, like on every lens). I think the man didn't know what he was selling (and I guess he was surprised to see that 2 hours after he post his sale on the site, he got a call from me, an email and a SMS Very Happy ...I didn't want to let it go).
I already gave a try today, waiting for more interesting picture to post...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: woodrim Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
Result looks good, but I suggest not stopping down more than f/8.

Thanks for that input. I will keep that in mind.

Arijit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurstMox wrote:
Quote:

I'm not used to buy things very cheap yet (sadly), but I bought (localy) a Tair 11A yesterday for 15 euros, screwed on Zenit in very good condition (just a bit of dust, like on every lens). I think the man didn't know what he was selling (and I guess he was surprised to see that 2 hours after he post his sale on the site, he got a call from me, an email and a SMS Very Happy ...I didn't want to let it go).
I already gave a try today, waiting for more interesting picture to post...

You should definitely post that in the bargains thread!

One man's "trash" is another man's TREASURE ! Very Happy