Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

TA1 adapter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:10 am    Post subject: TA1 adapter Reply with quote

Is anyone familiar with a "TA1" adapter?

The side of the adapter nearest the camera is threaded male. Cannot see the other side.

I thought possibly it could be a TAI adapter, but I would expect the threaded portion of a TAI adapter to have a female thread.

Is anyone familiar with an adapter having a male thread on one side and labelled "TA1"? Question

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to lay down a record here, I think I have the answer to this:

It's a routine T or T2 mount to M42 adapter. It's T mount female to M42 male.

Why it's called "TA1" or "TA-1", I have no clue.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies for bumping this rather old post, but I still felt compelled to answer the inquiry.

"TA#" was the T-mount manufacturer's (Taisei Kogaku, now known as Tamron) way of creating a cataloging standard (applying a "numerical code" or "index") to identify their T-mount-to-camera body adapter fitting.

I imagine that this also permitted for more efficient production orders / bulk manufacturing, to have a numerical code associated with each type of T-mount fitting. The "TA" part of the code very likely stood for "Taisei Adapter", followed by the associated numerical component to indicate the specified fitting for the dedicated camera body.

Here are the cataloging/indexing codes for all T-mount adapters (below). Some remain blank and left with a "?" next to them, because I lack additional information at the moment, but it would be nice if all the members of this forum pooled their knowledge resources together to establish a completed list for the benefit of the rest of the photography world. Wink

TA-1 = For M42 screwmount camera bodies. (Praktica, Zenit, early Asahi/Pentax and Fujica bodies, etc.)

TA-2 = For Exa/Exakta camera bodies (including select Topcon and Praktica models which used the same mount).

TA-3 = For Nikon F/AI cameras bodies.

TA-4 = For Canon FL/FD camera bodies.

TA-5 = For Minolta SR (MC/MD) camera bodies.

TA-6 = For Miranda (M44 screwmount) camera bodies.

TA-7 = For Konica AR camera bodies.

TA-8 = For Konica F camera bodies (an older mount which came before the AR-mount bodies). Not to be confused with the Nikon F mount.

TA-9 = ?

TA-10 = ?

TA-11 = For M39 (LTM/Leica) screwmount camera bodies. (Leica, FED, Zenit, etc.)

TA-12 = ?

TA-13 = For Alpa camera bodies. Not to be confused with the Sony Alpha/Minolta-Maxxum/A-mount camera bodies.

TA-14 = ?

TA-15 = ?

TA-16 = ?

(Note: My decision to stop this list at "TA-16" is arbitrary, and by no means an indication that only 16 types of T adapters were made. Alas, I believe that the numerical code goes on, quite a bit. But I do not know where it stops.)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interestingly, Vivitar seemed to use the same numbering system for tele converters and extension tubes.

So, the 2X-1 is a converter for M42 screw, 3X-4 a more powerful one for Canon FL/FD, and AT-5 is a set of extension tubes for Minolta SR/MC, etc. Some higher numbers were used for newer mounts, with -21 for Olympus OM, -22 for Pentax K and -24 for Contax/Yashica AE.

I don't know if the same numbers were used for T-Mounts, but I wouldn't be surprised.