Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

T4 and TX adapters
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject: T4 and TX adapters Reply with quote

I was under the impression that a Chinese adapter would exist for everything. However, today I searched for T4 and TX adapters on ebay and, to my surprise, got just a handful of positive hits. Those few positive results were actually the original decades-old T4 and TX adapters. No new Chinese adapters at all.

Am I not looking in the right place? Or is there in fact barely any availability of these adapters?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am thinking perhaps they are to complicated to make,I have not seen a chinese version in my many travels.Maybe Calvin would know?

Are you looking for one?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
I am thinking perhaps they are to complicated to make,I have not seen a chinese version in my many travels.Maybe Calvin would know?

Are you looking for one?

I have a couple T4 lenses for sale on ebay, without adapter. One potential buyer asked me where to buy an adapter for Canon EOS and I suggested he checked on ebay itself (assuming there would be availability from the usual suppliers in China). But I couldn't find any myself...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem selling the T4 Soligor 28/2.8, it eventually sold without the adapter. You see T4 adapters regularly on the Soligor 90-230 (I think that's the focal range) lenses. I can't say I have seen an eos mount, I have seen Nikon,M42 and Minolta on a regular basis.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never have been EOS T4/TX adapters. That line was gone before the EOS mount was introduced.
And true, no Chinese T4/TX adapters are available that I know of. I have looked for them, in particular for a PK, which are very scarce.