Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

T2 mount lenses?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: T2 mount lenses? Reply with quote

Out of curiosity... are there out there any good prime lenses with the T2 mount? Or just crappy zooms? (because that's what I happen to find with ebay searches)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never seen any I just heard some old Vivitar was pretty good one.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Yes, there are.

This one was mine: http://cosmin_m.sitesled.com/m42/SOLIG.JPG
another one
http://www.allegro.pl/item217360999_teleobiektyw_soligor_4_5_200_futeral_m42.html#photo

Here is what has happend. Last year , in august, I bought this lens as a M42 lens (I though it was a M42 lens , so did the seller) , together with a Hanimex 2X teleconvertor and 2 Skylight filters (55mm). All was ~23 euro (6 euro the items and 17 euro the shipping !)
After trying to mount it on my Zenit I noticed that the screw doesn't work. So, I search a little and find that there is another kind of M42 mount , the T/T2 which is in fact an M42x0.75mm an not like a classib M42x1mm. So I sold the items, one by one. Only the TC 2X + 1 filter a sold them almost at 20 euro. So I recuperate the cost already. But at that time I didn't know that a local store (in Bucharest) sells T/T2 adapters at pretty good prices (~15 euro ) and for many cameras (Canon, Nikon - yes the T is good for Nikon beause you can reach ifinity without a optical element, Pentax, etc...) ( http://f64.ro/search_result.php?op=1&cat=160&caut=adaptor@montura - see e little more down).
Unknowing that I listed the Soligor on a local auction site and buy the time I noticed the adaptors, someone made already a bid on the lens. So now I had to sell it. The price was ~17-20 euro.
I still have the second filter though.
Long story, huh !

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure about the difference in T-Mount and T2 mount.
But some T-mount are superb performer, esp from Vivitar and Soligor.

Vivitar/Soligor 85mm f1.8 is top performer in its range. Difficult to find these days, and usually go for around $80.

My T-Mount Aetna tele Rokunar 135mm f2.5 is great performer, but most of 135mm are...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: T2 mount lenses? Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Out of curiosity... are there out there any good prime lenses with the T2 mount? Or just crappy zooms? (because that's what I happen to find with ebay searches)

I've found a few good telelenses with a T2 mount. Mostly in the 50-75 Euro pricerange. I've also found a few telelenses in the 1-10 Europricerange with a T2 mount but they were crap.
The best ones I found were either long telelenses (400 or 500mm) and a 300mm mirror objective from Panagor. The long telelenses are available from many brands but they all look that much the same that I guess that they are from the same factory.

Some sample pictures:

Panagor 5.6/300 mirror:

500mm 8.0/500

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are not bad at all! Thanks for sharing!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
They are not bad at all! Thanks for sharing!

Agree! Especially the 30mm lens seems to give well detailed and contrasted pictures, considering that it's a mirror lens.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, there are some rather good lenses and you can find them for little money!

I've got a Beroflex 8/500 which is not bad for the price. And my Tamron Tasei Kogaku Twin-Tele 2.8/135 is also not bad (but it loses a lot when you use the special TC to turn it into a 5.5/225).

And then I have two "secret tips": The Weltblick 3.5/135 and the Hanimex 4/100 also came in T2-mounts. The Weltblick lens is almost as good as a Jupiter-37! And both T2-lenses are really small, the Hanimex is tiny (that's why it is only a f4 lens).
You can put these two lenses into your pockets and thus can bring a 100mm and a 135mm wherever you go. Wink