Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

T2 m42 adapter defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:19 pm    Post subject: T2 m42 adapter defeat Reply with quote

Foibles are part of the human existence. One of mine, among many others, is a preference for the following:

One m42 adapter per MF lens.

In the presence of preset MF lens leanings, that preference becomes the pathway to extravagance. I should have just one T2 to m42 adapter and move it from lens to lens. But noooooooo, my foible gets in the way of such good sense!

I've not been successful in finding T2 to m42 adapters at (what I view as) reasonable price. End up buying them one at a time, stretching the purchases out with lots of time in between in order to minimize the pain. Most recent buy was only yesterday

Click here to see on Ebay

What kills me is that adapters for T2 to Nikon or T2 to Sony, etc., cost only roughly half of the thread to thread adapters I want. This does not make sense or seem fair.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pursuant to the OP, I decided to spend US$3 in search of a solution:

Click here to see on Ebay

The adapter in the OP has what I'll call an "insert" which is removable and which has a T2 female thread. I have a number of T2 lens adapters, which arrived on preset lenses, and which have that same T2 insert. The other sides of these adapters, of course, vary. But they are useless to me because they are not m42.

So the plan is to salvage (i.e., to remove) the T2 inserts from a bunch of useless adapters, then attempt to mate them with the body cover, after drilling it out, since the cover has the sought-after m42 male thread.

We shall see.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmmmmmmmmmm.......the engineer in me, and the owner of a few T mount lenses, I think spending the $6-59 is probably the best option. I can't see an easy way of mating the two parts successfully. Sometimes, time and effort is worth more than a few bucks. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
mmmmmmmmmmm.......the engineer in me, and the owner of a few T mount lenses, I think spending the $6-59 is probably the best option. I can't see an easy way of mating the two parts successfully. Sometimes, time and effort is worth more than a few bucks. Wink

Thanks, Lloydy. I always respect your thinking.

I agree it might not be doable. But without bringing in at least one cap I cannot be certain. I only ordered one cap.

I do have a lathe at my disposal. Perhaps that will help me. I do not know. I'm not especially skilled in its use.

It always wrankles me when there is apparent overcharging, as appears to be the case with the adapter in the OP. I'm searching for an alternative.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can abuse a thin M42 macro tube (8mm?) You lose infinity, but in the "right" direction, so you lose only the fast infinity cheat.