Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

T2 adapter that can disable the aperture pin
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:24 am    Post subject: T2 adapter that can disable the aperture pin Reply with quote

People was talking such an adapter for M42 lenses before. Now such M42-NEX
adapter exists, which has a thin ring inside the adapter to disable
the aperture pin on the lens.

For my case: the lens mount I have is a YS mount, which is basically a T/T2
mount with aperture pin. One YS lens I have has an A/M switch which can be
switched to M to disable the pin. So I just straightly go ahead with a T2-NEX
adapter. Another lens doesn't have the A/M switch (no YS mount included),
so the lens will be wide open with a T2-NEX adapter. does such a T2-Nex
adapter exist which can disable the aperture pin, or I'll need to either DIY on
the lens or find a YS adapter (which usually comes with a lens)? Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. I have both versions for my Sony NEX. An M42 adapter with just the threads for an M42 lens, and an adapter that has a lip at the end of the threads which contacts the aperture pin. I had to buy the one with the lip after I bought the plain one, when I discovered that one of my M42 lenses, which did not have the A-M switch, was stuck wide open with no way to control the aperture. So I ordered the adapter with the lip and problem was solved. One thing I have found, though, is that if I have my M42 lens screwed down tight on the adapter, it is difficult to move the aperture ring. So what I do now is leave the lens just a little loose on the adapter so I can adjust the aperture ring. Then once I have it set, I screw the lens down the rest of the way, which is maybe only a quarter turn.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Yes. I have both versions for my Sony NEX. An M42 adapter with just the threads for an M42 lens, and an adapter that has a lip at the end of the threads which contacts the aperture pin. I had to buy the one with the lip after I bought the plain one, when I discovered that one of my M42 lenses, which did not have the A-M switch, was stuck wide open with no way to control the aperture. So I ordered the adapter with the lip and problem was solved. One thing I have found, though, is that if I have my M42 lens screwed down tight on the adapter, it is difficult to move the aperture ring. So what I do now is leave the lens just a little loose on the adapter so I can adjust the aperture ring. Then once I have it set, I screw the lens down the rest of the way, which is maybe only a quarter turn.

Thanks. I know exactly what you are talking about --- the lip (the thing what I called the thin ring inside the adapter). I have it too. What I am
looking for is such a T/T2 adapter to disable the pin on a YS mount lens.

Regarding the tightness, I experienced the same thing one of my T mount lenses with a T adapter. I did the same thing as you did but didn't feel
the adapter is secured enough (I just simply use another T adapter on that particular lens).