Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

T mount (M42x0.75) to M42x1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:24 pm    Post subject: T mount (M42x0.75) to M42x1 Reply with quote

I just acquired a lens with a M42x0.75 T mount and would like to adapt it to use on Canon EF mount.

The easiest way would be to adapt it to Praktica M42 mount, so I can also use it on M42 film bodies.

Any advice where to look for a cheap (and good) adapter mount?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get another lens in T mount with M42 adapter.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 42x0.75 T or T2 thread mount has a longer rear flange distance than M42 (55mm rather than 45.46) & adapters are readily available (They are also common direct to EF mount).

There's a fairly good chance your favorite local camera shop will have them, as of course does e-bay, and any major used camera dealer. I think I've seen them listed as T2 much more often than T even though Tamron never used the T2 designation.
On e-bay you can also get M42-T2 stepping rings (in either direction) that don't allow for the change in rear flanges.

I don't think any of my T2 adapters have been over £5. I think EOS ones are a little rarer & work out more expensive (perhaps due to the chip).

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyplace that sells cameras or telescopes should have T2 adapters for both M42 and EOS. I get mine from ebay sellers in China.

M42 and EOS are two of the easiest camera mounts to make with T2 -- I think it will be difficult to find a bad one! Wink

Very inexpensive, a dedicated T2-EOS adapter can be more stable than two adapters, especial with long heavy lenses.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Anyplace that sells cameras or telescopes should have T2 adapters for both M42 and EOS. I get mine from ebay sellers in China.

M42 and EOS are two of the easiest camera mounts to make with T2 -- I think it will be difficult to find a bad one! Wink

Very inexpensive, a dedicated T2-EOS adapter can be more stable than two adapters, especial with long heavy lenses.

Thanks for the responses.

A direct adapter to EOS would indeed be more stable.

I'll go look on ebay. Any direct reference for a good adapter is welcome of course.