Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Symphony Lake Outlet, British Columbia
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:22 am    Post subject: Symphony Lake Outlet, British Columbia Reply with quote

I dug one out of the archives. I had forgotten how pretty, and how wild, this area was. This recently de-glaciated
terrain is just starting to harbor new colonies of plants, including the nice red Alpine Columbines.

The route up to the summit took us straight up along the extreme right side of the lower broken-up glacier,
then we crossed over to the left to approach the ice shield of the middle peak, with the very fine steep climbing
under perfect conditions for the last 1200 feet or so. A magnificent climb.

Pentax 645
Pentax-A 55/2.8
Provia

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful - makes me want to be there! Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shot from this wonderful landscape, this red Alpine Columbines flowers brings some nice colours on your picture, very well done......

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I can remember many moons ago from a book or whatever was to put something red in the centre of a scene, and for me your shot is extra nice.

BTW it worked for me as well as I took a shot of my wife with red trousers sitting on a rock with a small waterfall in the background.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very beautiful Larry! Such a fresh impression of pure nature!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great photo Larry, the landscape is magical, and I especially like the very deep DOF, which I know it's not easy to obtain on a medium format camera! But it greatly helps the feeling of "being there".
As for the scan, on my monitor, it looks like the black point of the histogram could use a little right shift, but my monitor is not professionally calibrated, so it could be the reason.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beautiful one!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful! Looks little contrast less to me also.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all of you. I love that I'm given some tips on how to make the image possibly
look better, which is part of what the forum is about.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think slide itself can be a problem dynamic range.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't make carefully processing, just a quick catch, need to process alone top , middle and bottom part of picture.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's dramatic! I'd really like to go there someday!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad I saw this beautiful picture even now ....great landscape !