Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SUPER YASHINON-R 135 2.8 hey it is a Sankor lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:43 pm    Post subject: SUPER YASHINON-R 135 2.8 hey it is a Sankor lens Reply with quote

Just noticed this listing: Click here to see on Ebay
See the large screw, i think it is quite unique. Plus the many blades of course. I have similar lens (bit different finish) with SAIGA label and Sankor serial numbering.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: SUPER YASHINON-R 135 2.8 hey it is a Sankor lens Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
Just noticed this listing: Click here to see on Ebay
See the large screw, i think it is quite unique. Plus the many blades of course. I have similar lens (bit different finish) with SAIGA label and Sankor serial numbering.

I have a Komura 135 2.8 that is also very similar. Either the seller has no idea what they are selling or they are trying to pass it off as a fake?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doubt it's a fake. It's listed in the m42 lens database:

http://www.m42lens.com/m42-lens-database/581-yashica-super-yashinon-r-13-5cm-f-2-8-22

Yashica is known to have used other companies to manufacture Yashica branded lenses. They're known to have used Tomioka as a supplier before acquiring that company in 1968. While we don't know they used other suppliers it's certainly a possibility.

Yashica's first SLR cameras used a bayonet mount. The company switched to the m42 mount in 1960 and may have needed to obtain m42 mount lenses from multiple suppliers when transitioning to the new mount.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very similar to my Yashinon-R 135 / 3.5, the big screw is just visible.

But it's nothing like my Sankor Series E 105 / 2.5 which is a similar era pre set - T mount lens. ( I haven't got a handy picture of it )

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that Yashinon on ebay is a Sankor, it's similar, but different, the distance scale is marked differently to how Sankors were marked and it lacks the E suffix to the serial.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my Series E 105 / 2.5 that isn't actually branded Sankor, but I'm certain it is. There is a large screw ( infinity stop ) visible, but other than that it has nothing in common with the Yashinon. The serial number doesn't have an E on it either. This is certainly the same as Sankors I've seen on the internet.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, that's a Sankor, identical to my 2.5/105 which does have an E serial, I think mine is branded Seriese.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've made a search for 16 blades and two lenses came out being Sankor by serial number and having large screws for infinity stoppage:

Accura: Click here to see on Ebay
Spiratone: Click here to see on Ebay

So i guess the statement stands.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Spiratone is almost certainly the same as the Sankor.

I'm sure I have some other old pre sets with a big screw for the infinity stop, an old Tokina 200 comes to mind. I'll have a look tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yashica bought in several third party lenses for its screw mount J-series in the 1960's.

I think we have seen Kyoei and Tokina lenses in Yashinon branding. I believe in some of the "lens lineup" photos also show some Kawanon long teles (400-600-800) and the early, oversize 90-230/4.5 zoom that I think is a very early Sigma product.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Yashica bought in several third party lenses for its screw mount J-series in the 1960's.

I think we have seen Kyoei and Tokina lenses in Yashinon branding. I believe in some of the "lens lineup" photos also show some Kawanon long teles (400-600-800) and the early, oversize 90-230/4.5 zoom that I think is a very early Sigma product.

As far i can remember ALL 90-230 4.5 were tokina's made (tokina sold millions of that model to nearly ALL oem's possible : mamya, vivitar, soligor...)
At that period sigma sold a 75/250 4.5 to compete with the more sophisticated tokina's 75-260 4.5 (also sold as vivitar, soligor...)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mistake, its a 75-230/4.5
I have it as a Yashinon-R
I have a post on it from @10 years ago.

I still have that beast somewhere.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
I've made a search for 16 blades and two lenses came out being Sankor by serial number and having large screws for infinity stoppage:

Accura: Click here to see on Ebay
Spiratone: Click here to see on Ebay

So i guess the statement stands.

No, you're guessing and probably wrong.