Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Super Yashinon-R 1:2.8 f=13.5cm Yashica Japan K.C.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:51 am    Post subject: Super Yashinon-R 1:2.8 f=13.5cm Yashica Japan K.C. Reply with quote

Hi All,
New member here Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I am trying to find info on the mentioned lens and I couldn't find much much about it. Tried doing search and I only found very limited, including google.
Local pawn shop was asking for $30.00 us dollars and I wonder if that is reasonable for such lens. No front and back caps. Seems like it has 15 or 16 blade iris and they seem to be functional, nice and solid feel. What else to look for or avoid when buying legacy lens that old? I attached pictures for I have no idea on what type of mount it is, do they have adapters to eos? Yes, I am planning to adapt and use it with full frame eos.

Thank you in advance

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, your images aren't showing up because this is your first post. I imagine a moderator will come by and resolve this.

I just checked ebay sold listings and a 13.5 cm/3.5 of similar vintage went for 28 PP. I imagine that a 2.8 would go for more.

I recently bought an older chrome nose 50/1.4 in good condition for $33PP. Other listings for primes in the 50-58mm range are running about $40.

Without seeing your images and based on this limited sample of recently sold lenses on ebay, I'd say the price seems reasonable. If you don't end up liking it, you could probably get your money back by reselling.

I have been very happy with the IQ of my 50/1.4

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:06 am    Post subject: Re: Super Yashinon-R 1:2.8 f=13.5cm Yashica Japan K.C. Reply with quote

jodtard wrote:
Hi All,
New member here Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I am trying to find info on the mentioned lens and I couldn't find much much about it. Tried doing search and I only found very limited, including google.
Local pawn shop was asking for $30.00 us dollars and I wonder if that is reasonable for such lens. No front and back caps. Seems like it has 15 or 16 blade iris and they seem to be functional, nice and solid feel. What else to look for or avoid when buying legacy lens that old? I attached pictures for I have no idea on what type of mount it is, do they have adapters to eos? Yes, I am planning to adapt and use it with full frame eos.

Thank you in advance

An interesting mount - Yashica Pentamatic maybe?
Looks like the lens is in good condition.
$30 might be at the top of the range but seems Ok to me
OH

Last edited by Oldhand on Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:40 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:06 am    Post subject: Re: Super Yashinon-R 1:2.8 f=13.5cm Yashica Japan K.C. Reply with quote

The lens is made for Yashica Pentamatic and has it own property mount. No adapter for EOS. Better look for the later M42 Super Yashinon-R or DX lenses if you want to use it on your Canon camera.

Last edited by calvin83 on Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:07 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJB wrote:
Hi, your images aren't showing up because this is your first post. I imagine a moderator will come by and resolve this.

I just checked ebay sold listings and a 13.5 cm/3.5 of similar vintage went for 28 PP. I imagine that a 2.8 would go for more.

I recently bought an older chrome nose 50/1.4 in good condition for $33PP. Other listings for primes in the 50-58mm range are running about $40.

Without seeing your images and based on this limited sample of recently sold lenses on ebay, I'd say the price seems reasonable. If you don't end up liking it, you could probably get your money back by reselling.

I have been very happy with the IQ of my 50/1.4

Thank you JJB,
I was wondering what I was doing wrong, I even went and re-sized the images on the second edit. Thank you for your input. Hoping that someone can chime in regarding this old gem I found before I go back to the place.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:09 am    Post subject: Re: Super Yashinon-R 1:2.8 f=13.5cm Yashica Japan K.C. Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
The lens is made for Yashica Pentamatic and has it own property mount. No adapter for EOS. Better look for the later M42 Super Yashinon-R or DX lenses if you want to use it on your Canon camera.

Thank you for saving me a trip and $30.00 Very Happy Very Happy Cheers!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Collectible lens as its fairly uncommon.
May have been made by one of the interesting third party outfits of the day - Kyoei, Kowa, etc.
Origin not yet established.
Leave it to the collectors.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be clear, the 100mm of this line is well documented but the 135mm isn't.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

Just wanted to let you know that I took her home prior last Christmas.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She is S E X Y! ! !

Just finished modifying a mount and cant wait to shoot outdoors with it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a nice looking lens, let's hope it performs as good as it looks! Cool

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are few shots around the house. Me the shooter barely getting acquainted with her, is not fair for her for I am barely learning how to shoot manual. All shots taken wide open at 2.8, all handheld no pp=raw straight to jpeg. More samples to come.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello All! It has been years I know when I started this post.
Just going through some of the test photos, I remember taking this prior taking off the mount to use on another lens after cleaning to test as well.
This was on a tripod to eliminate most possible factors as we all know on a DSLR.
For all the 135 2.8 that I had been through for the past three years, hats off always on this gem.
it suffers on veiling flare and ca, but can be easily corrected now a days.
No PP on this one test, wide open @ 2.8

Comments to teach my untrained eye, are highly welcome.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to be rather good! Minimal lateral CA's and similar longitudinal CA. I guess the veiling flare is consistent with the low contrast. Vignetting/transmission is too difficult to judge. Seems detailed wide open, and the bokeh is very smooth if a bit swirly towards the corners, as is the resolution there. Not much distortion? How does it improve when stopped down to F4 and 5.6? Would love to see more images putting it to proper use when you get the chance. Like 1 small

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious as to the adapter you made, if you couprovide some details, I had to modify an existing adapter to use my 35/2.8 & 100/2.8...
I took an A-mount to E-mountadapter, and removed the A-mount section, I then carefully sanded down the mount face on a flat surface to the point it fit the Pentamatic mount, then the body of the adapter was sanded the same way to reduce its thickness till infinity was reached, I had to test fit and test for infinity multiple times.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lightshow,

The mount on this lens is removable via tiny(scary) screws. I am now using a T2 to eos adaptor that has removable center ring for the t2 thread. Just had to center the adaptor while tightening the hex screws. One I have shown on this thread was rather crude but it did worked similarly.
Will take photos when I get a change.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teemō wrote:
Seems to be rather good! Minimal lateral CA's and similar longitudinal CA. I guess the veiling flare is consistent with the low contrast. Vignetting/transmission is too difficult to judge. Seems detailed wide open, and the bokeh is very smooth if a bit swirly towards the corners, as is the resolution there. Not much distortion? How does it improve when stopped down to F4 and 5.6? Would love to see more images putting it to proper use when you get the chance. Like 1 small

Thank you Teemō for the pointers, specially on the distortion in which I true never paid attention. I believe there is some vignetting wide open, will take some more photos for non scientific test when possible.
As mentioned, my untrained eye is here to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a Petri preset 35mm,3.5 with K.C. on len,it was made by Kyoei,i would go with Kyoei who made your len

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmwtraveler wrote:
I had a Petri preset 35mm,3.5 with K.C. on len,it was made by Kyoei,i would go with Kyoei who made your len

Now that's makes it interesting on the "K.C." markings that I had been wondering on this lens.

Would you be so kind to post photos of the lens when you get a change? I had seen a 135 3.5 marked with red "K.C." as well recently.
I seen pentamatic brochure, 135 was not on any of them. I am be wrong.

TIA bmwtraveler

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sold len last year,google it Kyoei 35mm 3.5,it shows the Petri len

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought the same lens i think (for 30 usd) but in M42 mount and without K.C markings.
I think it´s Kyoei who´s the maker.

It looks simular to the 3.5-version that also is for Leica mount.
https://www.pentaxuser.com/forum/topic/yashica-super-yashinon-r-135mm-f3-5-lens-48422

// Petter Düring

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coulf be t-mount as well wperhaps?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Super Yashinon - R 135 / 3.5 Pre set lens which looks to be of the same era is a T2 Mount lens. If the f2.8 is half as good it's a great lens. I love my 3.5.