Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

super takumar 55/1.8 locked on zenit E
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: super takumar 55/1.8 locked on zenit E Reply with quote

When I screwed the lens on the zenith, it crashed at some point in the race.
Now is blocked by the aperture scale downwards.
On the same camera I mounted the Super Tak 105/2.8 without problems.
What do I do? Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One possibilty - put the shutter on Bulb and keep it open, and try freeing up from the back, gently.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put the shutter on Bulb and I see nothing worng for lens.
But now shutter is blocked too....ARGHHHHHHHHHH Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping you might see if the aperture pin was catching on someting... Ouch, sorry about the shutter.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad news Sad I think we are going to need a photo.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there manual-auto switch locking pin in it? Is the swicth on auto?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
Is there manual-auto switch locking pin in it? Is the swicth on auto?

Unfortunately yes Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try working a thin 'feeler gauge' (for setting engine valve clearance) between lens and body. Find the pin & try to move pin into the lens. With patience and good luck you should be successful! The alternative is disassembly, of either the lens or camera or both, to get at the obstruction.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm confused as to what is actually stuck...Is it the pin that actuates the aperture blades or the very little pin that locks the m/a switch? I thought the latter were only on the S-M-C and SMC tak line...

Well I'll share my experience with a locked on 1.4/50 S-M-C There are only two ways to get it off:

1.) Completely disassemble the lens from the front end until you can get to the little pin actuator on the underside of the mount.

I can already imagine the responses for saying the next one... Rolling Eyes

2.) Find the hole in the camera mount that has the pin stuck in it (there are 4), and take a metal hacksaw to the mount keeping the thin blade braced against the body of the camera. With some persistent and careful sawing, the screw hole will open up and you can press the lens pin in and unscrew the lens. This will obviously destroy the mount and scratch up the body but if you've done it properly the lens will remain undamaged. I can send you a new mount free of charge if you choose this method. But I don't take responsibility for any inadvertent damage.

The gauge idea was unfortunately out of the question for me. I could hardly get a piece of typical copy paper between the lens and camera mounts.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem solved:
the mini pin of man/auto switch was blocked into a x-cut of one screw of mount.
I put between camera and lens (near the pin blocked) a thin blade, I pull upware the lens.....et voilà! Wink

The only problem now is the shutter of zenit that is blocked on close position.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I put between camera and lens (near the pin blocked) a thin blade, I pull upware the lens

Congrats! You must have had a lot more space between the bottom of lens and mount than I did!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At risk of further damage maybe try 'B' position and work shutter button, or perhaps work shutter with remote trip attached? I am thinking shutter button is stuck in down position, can maybe pull up with remote trip.