Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Super-Takumar 50mm 1.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Super-Takumar 50mm 1.4 Reply with quote

Found this in a pawn shop for $10 today. I know I didn't get hurt on the price at all. But it has a rattle inside that sounds like a lose screw and I can not see anything moving around. The noise is coming from around the front element/focus ring area. It's not affecting anything (focus, picture, etc..) Should I be worried and try to get it out somehow or just not worry?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For 10 USD ? for this price I take any lens what I found locally ... Now I have a big box with lenses without aperture, broken glasses etc Smile And all takes great pictures. My best buy was a Pentax 85mm f1.8 for 25 USD because edge of front lens was broken. This "broken" lens make beautiful portraits.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, 10USD. I know the owner of the store and every time I get him to the price I want he asks how bad he took a hit Very Happy

I wont take it apart, as I am sure I would kill the lens for good.....

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine had a rattle too shad309 (is that your name?). It was the front lens rattling because the retaining ring with the engraved text had worked loose. I think this sometimes happens through using filters. I just tightened it again with a large piece of rubber, or you could use a pencil eraser or even just wear a household glove.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I will give that a shot and see what happens.

My name is Shad, I used my area code as part of screen name.