Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Super Takumar 1:1.8/55 repair/Internal paint removal
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent guide Mal, I just finished removing fungus from inside both the front and back elements of my newly arrived SMC 55. I also cleaned the sluggish aperture blades which now work great, the only thing left to do is the A/M switch which is locked on the A position, but I'm too chicken to attack it and will probably keep the lens as is.

Now if only I managed to clean the lenses without leaving streaks and smudges on the coating, I'd be a happy man. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ludoo wrote:
Excellent guide Mal, I just finished removing fungus from inside both the front and back elements of my newly arrived SMC 55. I also cleaned the sluggish aperture blades which now work great, the only thing left to do is the A/M switch which is locked on the A position, but I'm too chicken to attack it and will probably keep the lens as is.

Now if only I managed to clean the lenses without leaving streaks and smudges on the coating, I'd be a happy man. Smile

Glad to be able to help you Wink

With regard to your A/M switch; take a close look at the back of the lens.

Last edited by Mal1905 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I don't know how I missed this great thread before! Thanks for the brilliant photo guide Mal.

I'm looking forward to hearing about the lens repair and seeing some pics, Mo-Fo. It's worked out expensive for you but I'm certain you'll be delighted when you see what this lens can do.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mal, my lens appears to be fully functional. I re-cleaned the inner elements with some acetone and all looks good now. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mal1905 wrote:

With regard to your A/M switch; take a close look at the back of the lens. You'll see a tiny pin [photo below] which - when depressed - should 'unlock' the A/M switch for you.

Mal, you just fixed my stuck switch on my s-m-c 85/1.8 ... thank you very much! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy