Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 135mm f2.5 (s/n 43812)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:57 pm    Post subject: Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 135mm f2.5 (s/n 43812) Reply with quote

Hi,
I recently bought this lens and took some test shots. Looks good to me.
- Sharp WO and smooth and pleasant bokeh
- Build quality, excellent
- Rather resistant to flare
- Easy to focus WO

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 135mm f2.5 (s/n 43812) Reply with quote

wolan wrote:
Hi,
I recently bought this lens and took some test shots. Looks good to me.
- Sharp WO and smooth and pleasant bokeh
- Build quality, excellent
- Rather resistant to flare
- Easy to focus WO

Takumars are a joy to use, are they not.
Beautiful engineering and "oh-so-smooth" operation.
Do you know if yours is the 5 or the 6 element design?
Bokeh is quite stunning here
Tom

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be the 5 element version. 6 element starts from 61xxxxx (and there should be 7 digits in the serial, not 6.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, no, the lens is marked 43812, the part number of the model II 6/6 formula lens.

Takumars have model numbers rather than using a serial number range to determine model.

Did you get the hood? Smile

Which canera?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Well, no, the lens is marked 43812, the part number of the model II 6/6 formula lens.

Takumars have model numbers rather than using a serial number range to determine model.

Did you get the hood? Smile

Which canera?

Shot with a Fuji X-T2.
This is the lens:
http://allphotolenses.com/lenses/item/c_1522.html
This model is said to be superior to the other 2.5/135 Takumars, besides that it has 8 aperture blades, whereas the other models have only 6.
The 43812 is a serial or rather model number engraved on the back of the auto/manual switch.
The lens wood was there but it belongs to another lens, I think the Takumar 200mm f5.6

Cheers.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This part number is the same for al six element versions so it is not a serial. The serial is on the name ring. The 200mm F5.6 hood wouldn't fit, it has a 49mm thread. The 135/2.5 shares a hood with the super (multi coated) Takumar 200mm F4.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite pop up effect! Very well.