Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 1.8 55mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:11 pm    Post subject: Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 1.8 55mm Reply with quote

These were shot at the Charles de Gaulle airport when returning from vacation.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely done! One of the under rated takumar IMHO.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the great lenses IMHO
T

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.
I find it a good and reliable lens so I like to take it on vacations. However I did not use it very much this year
because I was doing a lot of hiking and found the Tamron SP 28-80mm more practical despite it's weight.
Here are a few more.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful.....lovely pictures from a great lens. Like 1 small

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
Wonderful.....lovely pictures from a great lens. Like 1 small

Thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's nice to see these shots. I own one; it was the front body cap on a Spotmatic F I bought. By that, I mean the camera was priced as if there were no lens present. And I think that's where it still is. I should give mine a work out, especially now that I see what it can do.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There have been complaints about the bokeh. The lens certainly shines performance at longer distances evidenced by these examples. Look how details are sharp!

Like 1 Like 1

It bears repeating the old saying about the Takumars:"There aren't any bad ones". The character difference due to lens formulas makes owning this and the 50/1.4 worthwhile if you like either one, imho...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
There have been complaints about the bokeh. The lens certainly shines performance at longer distances evidenced by these examples. Look how details are sharp!

Like 1 Like 1

It bears repeating the old saying about the Takumars:"There aren't any bad ones". The character difference due to lens formulas makes owning this and the 50/1.4 worthwhile if you like either one, imho...

Yes I agree.
This lens has the same optical design as the Super-Takumar 1.8/50.
Here is an example of bokeh from my lens (Super-Tak)
I find its bokeh to be very smooth
T

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to have the SMC 55/1.8, but sold it when I got the 50/1.4.

To be honest, the only difference in the 2 lenses is: the price and the yellowing on the 50.
Laugh 1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
visualopsins wrote:

Like 1 Like 1

Yes I agree.
This lens has the same optical design as the Super-Takumar 1.8/50.
Here is an example of bokeh from my lens (Super-Tak)
I find its bokeh to be very smooth
T
#1l]

Maybe you're thinking of the 55/2 which is same as 55/1.8 without a baffle?