Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Super-Lentar 35mm f/2.8, Surprisingly good!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:22 am    Post subject: Super-Lentar 35mm f/2.8, Surprisingly good! Reply with quote

I have this lens for a while... and I am always amazed at the quality of this cheap lens.

I have this on Minolta mount, but the mount is a little loose and is very hard to focus (the lens gets out of the camera when I focus)

here are some samples, all wide open.
I think the sharpness is very good, even wide open (stoped down this lens is as sharp as my best lenses), but the rather long 0.6m MFD is a pain compared to my Minoltas 0.3m MFD

Here's a comparison to my Minolta 35mm f/2.8 MC

The Minolta is much more 3D like, but the sharpness is similar, and the bokeh is subjective... what do you think?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I'm both surprised and shocked, that it holds up that well against the Minolta. Shocked

I'm curious as to the maker of the lens. can you post a couple pics of the lens. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a pretty decent lens to me!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:
Wow! I'm both surprised and shocked, that it holds up that well against the Minolta. Shocked

I'm curious as to the maker of the lens. can you post a couple pics of the lens. Smile

yeah, sure!

here are some pics of the lens

look the interesting 8-blade aperture...

I don't remember how much I payed for this lens... but I'm sure it was no more than 20, 25 U$... for the price, this lens is really really good

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing first-generation Tokina auto series (late 1960's) in fixed mount.

Its very similar in structure to the T4 mount Soligor and Vivitar 35mm, which were also of the early Tokina auto series. The 35mm T4 is a pretty good lens.

Lentar-brand lenses are also mostly Tokina. Though not all.

The alternative is Sun.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
I'm guessing first-generation Tokina auto series (late 1960's) in fixed mount.

Its very similar in structure to the T4 mount Soligor and Vivitar 35mm, which were also of the early Tokina auto series. The 35mm T4 is a pretty good lens.

Lentar-brand lenses are also mostly Tokina. Though not all.

The alternative is Sun.

Great info! thanks!

This 8-blade aperture is very similar (if not equal) to a Vivitar-Tokina 28mm f/2.8 lens I have

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to revive an older thread ... I just picked up a slightly different example of the same lens, in Pentax M42 mount, for $10. The minimum focus is about 0.4m, and the focus throw is very long indeed, at close to 360 degrees! I will post some pics of and by the lens.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone has info about f/3.5 version (35mm)? When focused to infinity, it has quite protuberating back part.
Here is an exemple : Ebay

The one I saw is full black (not like the one on ebay)

Last edited by BurstMox on Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Super Lentar 42 and mine;

On landscape absolutely prosperous

and crop

crop