Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Super Coligon 85mm f1.9
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:40 am    Post subject: Super Coligon 85mm f1.9 Reply with quote

Images taken mounted on Sony Alpha 700, any C&C is welcome:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has nice color rendering and eye catching lens, but sharpness ... what is your personal impression ?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila,
Thanks for your feedback.I agree its a beautiful looking lens,feels nice in your hands. I love the colors it produces.
To answer your question- Its not sharp wide open and seems to get sharper after F2.8. The images of the trees and the boat were @f2,8 .The others were shot wide open . The ISO settings were 100,200 or 400 on the different pictures, I don't remember in what order.

An old Exakta flyer or brochure says that its a "rare earth" lens, and is more evident in the darkish yellow color of the back elements. I have it sitting in a UV light box for now.

I would love to hear of any experiences with this lens.

Best Regards

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a sunny day.These were all taken @ f4 ,ISO100 Very Happy :

@ f4 ,ISO100, 1/6400

@f4, ISO 400, 1/3200

@f4 ,ISO 100, 1/800

@ f4 ,ISO 100 ,1/2500

100% crop of preceding image.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love them ! I think this is a very rare lens at least this is first copy what I seen.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks in great nick too!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I love them ! I think this is a very rare lens at least this is first copy what I seen.

Thanks, it must be rare if you haven't seen one.

ManualFocus-G wrote:
Looks in great nick too!

The price was right , and in great nick too- both external and the mechanical ! and as a bonus in T-mount(swapped with Minolta AF in this case). Very Happy