Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sunset over the sea - Angenieux 35-70 mm f2.5-3.3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
These are beautiful Olivier ,I especially like #6.

+1 except my favourite is No. 1

We don't see many sunsets from our windows - only in June when the sun goes round past the house next door. But we do see some spectacular sunrises in the winter. This pic from our living room window is stitched from two scans of old paper prints taken at 8.00 am one January morning about 10 years ago (and heavily PPd to clone out the overhead power cable!).

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, Peter that's impressive.
Sometimes we have such sunsets here, you know, when all day long cloud ceiling is very close and when sun falls down, it passes a few instants under the cloud ceiling.
Magic. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pascal, Rolf, I don't mind at all.
Always very interesting.

Rolf, did you receive my e-mail with informations about A. company ?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The shots show promise, with some nice composition. However I have a few constructive criticisms to make about the execution, which I hope will help.

1) Someone mentioned the shots looking "flat", and I agree; this is because you are shooting directly into the sun without the aid of any filtration. These kinds of shot benefit enormously from the use of graduated neutral density filters IMO, which help to balance the exposure of the foreground/midground with the sky. Alternatively, you can take multiple exposures and blend them in PS later using layer masks etc.

2) Many of the shots are showing quite obvious barrel distortion in the horizons (particularly no. 7). This is quite distracting IMO, and can be easily fixed in most image editing apps.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I changed #7 (distorsion treatment).
Thank you atomstitcher.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:

they applaud the sun when it's gone

I applaud when i see this! Very Happy

pich900 wrote:
and a "magic" family picture (without the zoom) Very Happy :