Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

sundown
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: sundown Reply with quote

This was no holiday for manual focus lens. Visiting North Yorkshire with family and lots of friends from england I normally didn't had the time to take pictures beyond the ones for the family album.

But tuesday evening there was the most beautiful light I have seen in my photographers life. And - stupid idiot - all my manual lens were at my friends house. So this is half manual focus. Or perhaps "without any focus". I made this shots (exept first one) with the crappy ef-s kit zoom with 18mm, estimated distance and holding the cam a little bit over the water surface.

Michael

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All are good capture, but second one is incredible to me!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly!

Great pictures, fantastic light!

But No. 2 is magic!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and congratulations ,

The pictures are amazing, all of them. You've got there good very light too.
I want more Smile

All the best.

Cosmin.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael,
what a creative set of photos!!

The nature colours are captured great by the cmos (I know by experience, there is no sensor like Canon cmos to capture sunsets), but what makes your photos really shine, is the intuition you had to place the camera at ground level!

This gives the whole set, a really new and refreshing perspective.

All are lovely, but my favorite is number 1, because of tthe contrast in size between the child playing in the corner, and the vast empty space on the left.

Also, there is sort of conceptual clash or tension (the sunset and the child play), things that seem conflicting conceptually, but give the photograph a depth that makes it stand out.

Only minor regret: if only the child's foot did not coincide with the shoreline! This is a bit bad luck, as it does not give the figure the immediate importance it deserves. But such are the accidents of shooting snapshots - the reward of capturing such a lively scene is much bigger!
_

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your kind comments, friends. There are some more to show, but I have to ask my english friends first before posting them.

And Orio, your words hit the mark. I think without this girl, a friends daughter, the first image would be boring Very Happy

By the way, this was the proof that it is not always raining in england. Wink

Michael

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm late, but a gorgeous set, Michael! Agree with the above comments,
but the first one is a stunner, too. It's nice to be wide!

Bill
(2x crop camera owner)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are all great! Very Happy My favorite is #2. I really like the color.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are indeed all great!

My favorite is number 4. The movement, the sky, the special light!

Very special.

Guido

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely shots!
I am missing my home seaside!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots! Number 4 is the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For myself I can't decide between the first one - because of the reasons Orio described - and the light of the fourth. I've made tons of images in just a few minutes to catch this light. Last one for the moment - perhaps my own favourite because of the reflections. And I can feel the fun the kids had when I see this image:

Michael

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The light is incredible!!! And you did well to choose this low perspective! Congratulations, Michael!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
The light is incredible!!! And you did well to choose this low perspective! Congratulations, Michael!

Yes, I agree, Looshus Peek-TORE-Ray! Wink

Good job, Michael!

Bill

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are all very good photos but #1 has poetry for me Smile

Henri would definitely love it.

No, not the football player Wink

_

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incredible set, and incredible light. Perfect and amazing exposures!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like them all very much, but number 1 is special for me too.

The sun near the horizon indicates these pictures were taken at around 9.30 to 10.00 pm at this time of year. I have a favourite picture I took with similar light at 3.15pm on New Years Eve 2004 Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, Peter!

And we can see again, light is essential!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
The sun near the horizon indicates these pictures were taken at around 9.30 to 10.00 pm at this time of year.

Yes, and I wish I would be there again every evening.

BTW, I have never enjoyed such a hospitality like in your country. Everyone was helpful and smiling, even the officers Wink
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borges wrote:
I have never enjoyed such a hospitality like in your country. Everyone was helpful and smiling, even the officers Wink
Michael

Thankyou Michael, what a nice thing to say! I'm glad you had a good time, even though you came during one of our worst-ever summers! It's particularly friendly in the North, more than here in the South-East and London area, but I think this is true of every capital city I've ever visited.

We've been treated very well when we come to Germany, too. We have visited many times. We have some really lovely, kind friends at Mannheim, almost a second family, and one or two others near Mainz and Stuttgart. By the way, the picture in my Avatar was taken while I was playing a band concert at Schorndorf, near Stuttgart Smile