Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sun Auto Zoom 28-80mm/3.5-4.5 Macro lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:03 am    Post subject: Sun Auto Zoom 28-80mm/3.5-4.5 Macro lens Reply with quote

Has anyone pulled apart this type of lens? It is stuck between the 35 and 45 everything else works....It is a canon FD mount.
would you go from the front or the back of the lens to fix the problem?What I mean by stuck is it will not turn it feels spongy when you try to turn it either way,I have not forced it.It does look like it has been got at before...not by me yet!
Thanks
I don't have a Canon but want to learn a little more on fixing(or at least trying to!) lenses

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Sun 3.5/38-90 Macro has YS-Auto mount for Konica screwed on. Check if your FD mount unscrews revealing YS-Auto mount.

(how's that Macro-Takumar?Smile)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Will have a look at the mount.....No it does not look like the YS mount I have.

I have a roll waiting to be developed Very Happy I only hope I am using it right Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've seen recently in some Sigma zooms taken apart recently, taking the FD mount off and approaching the problem from the back would be easiest to try to fix the zoom ring mechanism.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks wilson.c
I don't have access to a lens spanner what would fit in the longer notches in the back...I know calipers are a possibility but they have a point and not flat end?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can grind or file caliper tips into blades that fit notches?

how about macro switch, does it work? It disables helicoid link to a group of elements; does focal length helicoid turn with macro switched on? thinking turning macro switch on-off a few times may let helicoid-engagement for that group to fall into place, could be what is hanging helicoid when switch is off.

I still think this is a YS lens, that the YS-FD mount unscrews; looks just like mine, I'll post a photo unattached later...

"Where are Preparations A through G?" -- standing around, they were cured. H allows sitting for longer periods so the problem got worse & profits are higher...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the macro switch works and turns freely but the 35-45 ring still is spongy..... still does not work. Sad Just noticed I can not get the aperture blades to show either.There are 2 prongs that come from the mount end one is a long one and moves from side to side the other is short and it does not move from side to side...not familiar at all with canon FD mounts so not sure what is right or wrong in the movement of parts.